Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 08-19-2006, 12:10 PM   #11
pudlepirate
Registered Member

Default Re: Tire Plug Update!

beter than walking? you bet, gonna see me do anything other than limp home on it? no freakin way! streatching tire life, especialy on sportbikes is false economy. something like 90% of flats blowouts and punctures occur in the final 10% of tire wear, I got beter things to worry about on the road.
pudlepirate is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-19-2006, 12:14 PM   #12
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

Ksquid, do you want me to pass this one to you, or should Ijust go ahead and spike it myself?
Dangerousdave_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 12:59 PM   #13
SuperBill
Founding Member

Just got this letter from South America and thought I'd pass it on.

Bill

My name is Juan. I live in a the small village of Stinklikepoo in Ecuador. Maybe you've seen me with Sally Struthers.

America must have streets of gold, so rich you must be to replace a tire with only one small hole! If you are looking for an environmentally-friendly way to get rid of your old tires, Ecuadorian riders would love to have your old take-offs in any size, with any number of plugs or patches. We could cobble them onto our 30 year old Honda Cubs, which the we now ride on wooden rims wrapped in banana leaves. We could use your crankcase drain oil too - all we have here is fish liver oil, which stinks like sin when it blows by the oil rings we make from the little strips of Spam can metal that coil around the opener key.

We also need annoying aerospace workers on Ninjas, as our meager existence gives us little to laugh at.

Gracias,

Juan

SuperBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 01:23 PM   #14
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Dot.com. That was the 90,s buzzword for and economy built on nothing. After it was over, the whole thing was one big, expensive popcorn fart.
Old 08-19-2006, 04:40 PM   #15
ksquid
Banned

go for it.. these guys never learn...
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 04:41 PM   #16
dylanmo
Founding Member

wait, what is this about donating tires to HfH? It always costs me money to get rid of tires. My understanding was that they are reclaimed somehow, but it costs money above and beyond the worth of any useful byproduct. Why would HfH want old tires?

You didn't just make that up, did you?
dylanmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 04:19 AM   #17
bikervince
Founding Member

Best. Post. Ever.

Well done, Bill !!
bikervince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 07:26 AM   #18
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

After it was over the US had an insurmountable worldwide economic lead in software and other knowledge work. That's why our economy is still driving strong right now.
He was a fattish but active man of paralyzing stupidity, a mass of imbecile enthusiasms—one of those completely unquestioning, devoted drudges on whom, more even than on the thought police, the stability of the Party depended. - George Orwell _1984_
Kreb_Cycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 07:29 AM   #19
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

What does Clinton have to do with Global Crossing, Worldcom, or Enron? Enron's execs were all buddy buddy with Cheney. As far as I know it's the Bushie's that are friends with these crooks.
He was a fattish but active man of paralyzing stupidity, a mass of imbecile enthusiasms—one of those completely unquestioning, devoted drudges on whom, more even than on the thought police, the stability of the Party depended. - George Orwell _1984_
Kreb_Cycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 10:38 AM   #20
sarnali
Founding Member

Well because Clintons a Democrat and he let an intern give him some mug. That precipitated every bad thing that has happened since then, it wasn't untill Bush and his stalwart friends got in an took care of that nasty budget surplus that was threatening to actually do some good for the country that things really turned around.

Even Iraq, if Hillery wasn't sleeping with satan himself wearing a yarmaluk and garters the entire Muslem world would love us and want to be our friends......I mean honestly Clinton actually had SEXUAL CONTACT IN THE WHITEHOUSE WITH A JEW.....All BushCo and his neocon ass-pounders did was get over 2000 American soldiers and 10's of thousands of Iraqi's killed so they could raise oil prices....

It's pretty obvious who the criminals are here.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote