Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 08-18-2006, 06:06 AM   #71
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Go Where the Money Is

And in the lib universe that makes me an apostate... someone who denies the self-evident purity of their Holy Cause. Sorry but I don't think Bush, disgusting as he is, is the anti-Christ or even the worst presdient there ever was. I'd give the prize to Johnson, Nixon or Carter first.

I agree with Trey Parker when he said, "I hate conservatives, but I really fockin' hate liberals."

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-18-2006, 07:31 AM   #72
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Clinton-Gore sound fiscal policy

Ever notice how it's the blue states with all the industry, jobs and high living standards?....
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 07:34 AM   #73
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Dang!

I'm afraid the Japanese are too busy trying to piggy back on Harley's heretige to do anything with their own.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 07:35 AM   #74
Thruxomatic
Founding Member

Default Re: Some more clarity

Oh, they've clued in, which is why they watch Michael Moore.

Some of us are subtle, some aren't (Moore, Coulter), but everyone has at least some bias. Moore, at least, is in the 'mostly factual' camp while Coulter fabricates virtually every stat she uses. People have earned PhDs dissecting her books for factual errors and outright fabrications. Either she has the worst editors around, or she does it on purpose.

Then there is the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, whose founder swore that Kerry was a hero back in the day but now is doing his level best to slam Kerry's war record. That there are questionable ties between the Administration and the funding for this group doesn't seem to get mentioned at all. Yep, best bias money can buy.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:11 AM   #75
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

How old are you, anyway? Johnson and Carter both had their failings, but Grant and Harding are the two that most historians rate as the worst. Grant was a fine general who drank too much and delegated everything to a bunch of crooks. Ditto for Harding (A lot more food, a little less alcohol.) Both of them, by the time their administrations were over, saw most of they're cabinets in Jail. By that measure, Nixon is in the running, though his cheif problem was that he was a paranoid sonofa***** who couldn't leave well enough alone.

Johnson spent too much money on programs and tried to fight a war at the same time, and we paid for that till about the time Clinton came into office. The first Bush going back on his no new taxes pledge was probably the bravest thing he did as President, because it pissed off his constituents. Clinton did his part by getting welfare under control, and controlling spending enough to start reducing the deficit. Bush has borrowed More Money Than All Previous President's Combined. YOU CANNOT KEEP DOING THAT. If he wants to cut a program, he's got to Veto something. His sucessor, and ourselves, especially you younger guys, are going to get stuck with the bill. Fifty years from now, Bush is going to be in their with Harding and Grant, except his failures will be much harder to fix.
Dangerousdave_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 11:18 AM   #76
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

Default Re: The economy is going bad?

Well, if you personally did not have a job, the unemployment rate is 100%. The Clinton years had the lowest unemployment rates of modern times. It was so low that the stock market got nervous for a while, because conventional wisdom had it that a rate below 6% would increase pressure on wages. Geez, where do you get your information? I lived through all that, and it's almost the only time in a 40 year working career that I felt like I was actually getting ahead of inflation.
Dangerousdave_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 07:53 AM   #77
rsk173
Founding Member

Default Re: Some more clarity

Moore, at least, is in the 'mostly factual'

you owe me a new keyboard. i just spit my diet coke all over it.
rsk173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 07:57 AM   #78
rsk173
Founding Member

Default Re: Clinton-Gore sound fiscal policy

you mean behind their gated communities right.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:02 AM   #79
rsk173
Founding Member

you sound like howard deans speech writer
Old 08-19-2006, 09:58 AM   #80
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

That one was for you you silly little man.
He was a fattish but active man of paralyzing stupidity, a mass of imbecile enthusiasms—one of those completely unquestioning, devoted drudges on whom, more even than on the thought police, the stability of the Party depended. - George Orwell _1984_
Kreb_Cycle is offline   Reply With Quote