Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 07-31-2006, 12:11 PM   #31
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Re: Harley Crash Riding at the GAP

really, they should´ve stopped because you can´t transport a bad case on a bike. I mean these guys were hardly able to ride solo. But then, there is the very real problem that in the U.S. you could get your azz sued so bad you´ll end up driving a 20 yr old GM product for the rest of your life. See how you like that.

- cruiz-euro

anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-31-2006, 12:36 PM   #32
chromeburn
Founding Member

Default well that was

As a comitted and "responsible" sportbike rider it's funny to see someone with so little control over their bike or idea of its limitations.

As a rider... it makes me sad. So many riders (any motorcycle rider) seem to have no idea how to dress or how to ride. As per usual, riders flocked to the beach this weekend to ride up and down the street and show off their toys... but it does appear to them that they are toys. Just the limited view I have of them in front of my place I can see poor brake control, throttle control (don't get me started on the noise), and almost consistently for the weekend riders no protective clothing whatsoever.

This vid makes me hopeful that some of the more "weekend warrior" types will wake up and at LEAST take the MSF course (in the US) or some sort of real instruction on riding (not just from their friend Bob whose motto is "When in doubt mash the rear brake, the front brake will kill you")
chromeburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 01:00 PM   #33
ksquid
Banned

Yep this reminds of the time I was following some members of the GPTB. I decided to pass. As I pulled out, a dork pulls out to challenge me.. He gives his Sporster the gas and is staying with me. O f course I am in a tall gear and casually passing them... Anyway I let him blow past me as I merge to the other lane...Coming up is a very sharp 25mph corner.. I notice that the Harley guy is still going for all he is worth..I said to myself "Man that guy must be really good to take that corner so fast" No kpaul he was really stupid. As I made the turn I saw skid marks and he was getting off his bike that was now down in the creek bed.. I thought about stopping but felt they might blame it on me.for something i.e he looked really pissed. I was tempted to use my MO persona and say something smart ass.. But figured I might do the same thing some day.. Anyway his buddies helped him out.. The way this guy on the video stands up the bike and hits the break is the most typical response. The best way according to Keith Code is to roll off the throttle and increase the leaa angle..this is not the intuitive thing to do. I sometimes tap the rear break as well.

ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 01:08 PM   #34
Mikey
Registered Member

In California, you are required by law to stop if you witness an accident. Dunno about Tennessee and North Carolina.
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 01:08 PM   #35
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: Classic

Hey I rember saying that South Dakota, as I pulled out my daddy's shotgun from the RV... Mean biker dudes are going rape me and my wife...
Old 07-31-2006, 01:15 PM   #36
ksquid
Banned

Default brake ok Buz

I don't know why I do that sometimes like there their.
Old 07-31-2006, 01:22 PM   #37
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Problem is, on the Dragon, it may be over an HOUR before help arrives. Only a fool takes chances on the Dragon.

Yes, they should have stopped and rendered aid, but I'm willing to bet that; with as "gently" as the rider went down, if he didn't smack his face into a tree as the bike reached the bottom of the gully, minor scrapes, bruises, and a sore Ego were in all probability his worst injuries.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 01:40 PM   #38
gbrummett
Founding Member

Default The guy following...

The guy following look like he was fixated on the rider that went off the cliff. Looks like if he hadn't looked up at the last second he would have followed his lead right off the cliff.

gbrummett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 01:47 PM   #39
gbrummett
Founding Member

Default I did the same thing...

I did the same thing and watched the video several times thinking I must have missed the two Ninja's somewhere.
gbrummett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 01:51 PM   #40
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default So?

Did you throw down or choke on Black Thunder?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote