Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 07-31-2006, 10:53 AM   #21
jesskauffman
Registered Member

Default Re: Harley Crash Riding at the GAP

I think the most shocking thing was that the Harley riders were actually passing another vehicle on a twisty road. Can't say I've ever seen that happen before. I would have figured the RV would have been trying to pass them.
jesskauffman is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-31-2006, 11:07 AM   #22
seruzawa
The Toad

No, I was referring to my ride yesterday. We saw a couple of Ninja owners standing watching as their pretty green bikes were being impounded by a Summit County Sheriff's Deputy. If you double a speed limit in Utah you get impounded. I can't have much sympathy because that particular road is very heavily patrolled each Sunday.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:13 AM   #23
sarnali
Founding Member

I was thinking that too. They're both a couple of rolling road blocks..

The RV'rs should have stopped though, they weren't at fault and I doubt if those "bikers" would be capable of kicking much ass anyway. Besides RV'rs always pack, I'd be more afraid of them than a bunch of weekend warriors that can't even execute a simple pass without running off the road.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:22 AM   #24
Fenton
Founding Member

I can't believe they didn't jump out to help. They should have "beat his ass" for being stupid. Nothing like salt in the wound.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:41 AM   #25
minglet
Registered Member

An excellent example of target fixation, poor passing technique, and use of the rear break rather than front break. It was clear the rider freaked that there was a turn ahead and hadn't had the bike turned and then fixated to the trees. I can't blame the slow moving vehicle as the sport bike that came in the opposite direction before didn't even get near the mid-line and accelerated after he had passed the truck. I hope the guy on the Harley recovered and eventually attended numerous track days to learn how to maneuver a motorcycle rather than run a perfectly good bike into the ground. If anything, it really brings to home the need for constant training in the use of brakes, reference points, cornering, etc.. I probably would have called 911 and made sure the police were on their way before I got out and helped. What was even more bizarre is how the bikes just went around the truck nearly causing another multi-crash scene. Thank god another vehicle didn't come throught the opposite lane. Should be played at Motorcycle Foundation Classes and critiqued.
minglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:43 AM   #26
eekadog
Founding Member

Default Better Riders at the GAP

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...43&q=deals+gap
eekadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:59 AM   #27
sfcdjevans
Registered Member

This was on SV Rider earlier. Of note were some of the strange rules about the state borders there and the transport of injuried people one way or the other. Alot of discussion over there about this. Interesting stuff, to include the mandatory flaming.
Old 07-31-2006, 12:02 PM   #28
pdad13
Founding Member

That one big fella looked like he was barely capable of trotting three for four steps.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 12:04 PM   #29
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: Classic

Oh, my, I almost pissed myself when I heard that. And then I almost did it again when I actually saw the members of the "gang" dismount.

Oh, jeez, you just don't get that kind of quality entertainment every day.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 12:17 PM   #30
Anti-ChickenStrip
Founding Member

Default Re: Better Riders at the GAP

Now that ****e is just out of control. Think they'd be ginsu-ed at that pace if they ever got off the tarmac. Fun to watch, but well beyond my risk tolerance, even if I had the skills to carve like that.
Anti-ChickenStrip is offline   Reply With Quote