Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 07-20-2006, 02:12 AM   #61
Neal
Founding Member

Default Re: Ride To Work

What's a 401K...iI spend my money and count on the my kids to support me if i stay alive long enough to retire.
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-20-2006, 03:18 AM   #62
bigjames
Premium Member

Glad to say that my Commute from Macon to Atlanta (GA) had quite a few more bikes than normal for Ride To Work Day, plus the regulars. Oddly enough, the trip home did not reflect that though. Kinda strange...What would be nice is if all (or just the good ones?) commercial motorcycle web pages would flipping scream that it is Ride To Work Day to get folks attention...little "normal" press wouldn't hurt...

Saying that, I must echo what several have said, I don't need no stinking excuse to ride to work.....
bigjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 03:23 AM   #63
khomboleman
Founding Member

I ride to work everyday. The only reason that I didn't ride in the last year was when my baby was in the shop getting a little TLC. I live in Senegal, W. Africa, so I know what heat is all about. We don't get much rain, but when it does come, it dumps! It makes my knobbies lose a little traction, but if you figure in a slide or two before getting it shut down, you're fine. The only problem that I have in the rain is my open face helmet. Rain drops sting on the face at 60-70 miles an hour. Still, I'd rather be riding than in a cage. Life is just right when on the top side of two wheels.
khomboleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 04:17 AM   #64
bmwdude
Founding Member

As a protest against pirate costumed lemmings on cruisers, who never ride to work at any other time of year. I drove my truck to work on the 19th.

The rest of the year is when I ride to work.

The best part of the day was seeing about 10 bikes parked under a shade tree out my window. All parked where they did not belong. At about 9AM what looked like hundreds of blackbirds roosted all over them! As a result there was a whole bunch of bike washing and polishing going on a lunch time!

bmwdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 04:26 AM   #65
eojmo
Founding Member

Dosn't matter how far you ride or where you go on a motorcycle,so long as you enjoy it.I enjoy long country rides in fine weather if at all possible.I find using the motorcycle to commute in heavy work day traffic is monotonus,dangerous and enough to make me hang up the gloves and boots.Been there done that.

I'd rather ride to the nearest bar and enjoy it rather than having the bragging rights on how many miles I commute between home and work.

eojmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:50 AM   #66
manalagi001
Registered Member

OK. Don't ride to work. Too dangerous. Ride to the bar instead. That should be much safer and more enjoyable. Bottom's up and have a safe ride home.
manalagi001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 10:22 AM   #67
pushrod
Founding Member

I like my stainless steel Charter Arms .38 with a spurless hammer.

5 copies of +P+, if and when I need them.

Fits real nicely in my fanny pack.

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 02:24 PM   #68
eojmo
Founding Member

I've spent many years riding to work in rain,snow and 100deg heat, and been hit by stupid cagers during the procces.Which ever way you want to look at daily comuting,it may be cheaper and faster on a bike ,but in my oppinion its not pleasurable motorcycling.As far as the bar visit's go,there is such a thing as self control,theres no law that says you have to get pissed every time you stop for a drink.
eojmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 03:29 PM   #69
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Well, when I'm *PISSED* it's usually because I got *FIT-SHASED*, busted-up the place, then got thrown out.........

(USA Terms, not UK ;^D )
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote