Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Misc News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/)
-   -   Why Don't You Ride Your Bike to Work? (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/3756-why-dont-you-ride-your-bike-work.html)

Mooner 07-17-2006 07:00 AM

Re: Why Don't You Ride Your Bike to Work?

I do

gforces 07-17-2006 07:02 AM

So do I

It makes the hum-drum everyday commute fun.

mikenomad 07-17-2006 07:03 AM

I now pronouce you first-poster.

mikenomad 07-17-2006 07:10 AM

Re: So do I

Is "hum-drum" a euphemism for a rotary engine? Do you commute on an old Suzuki RE5? :-)

sarnali 07-17-2006 07:13 AM

So...do I get a 1/10 of 1%'r patch to sew on my JR Ballistic or do I go with the 5%'r patch?.....

Perhaps I'll get a 5-1/10th %'r patch and be all inclusive? I wonder what the Robb Report has to say about this...maybe Vogue?...

It's all so confusing, I just want to be free to ride my 'siccle

hsjrev 07-17-2006 07:15 AM

I'm airline crew so when I go to work, I take enough clothes/stuff to last me for 5 days. Kind of hard to put my roll-on luggage and chart case on the bike and keep my uniform looking decent when I arrive.

bikervince 07-17-2006 07:20 AM

Re: So do I

That's my attitude as well. In fact, it's really the best part of my day - the ride to work in the morning and the ride home in the evening. And it saves gas($$).

I use the bike to commute as much as I can here in the northeast, from about mid-March to mid-November.

Oddly enough, I never seem to ride to work on Ride-To-Work day, though. Every year on that day it's either raining, or I have the day off, or I have to carry something really big that day, or I stay home and tele-commute. Maybe it should be Ride-To-Work-Week instead!

John

SRMark 07-17-2006 07:31 AM

It is a pain in the ass to ride my bike here in the land of afternoon and evening thunderstorms, high temps and higher humidity. Good clothes and riding gear make for one sweaty or rain drenched trip. So, I take the car unless it is Casual Friday and I don't have to be out and about that day. Plus, I tote around a lot of stuff that just does not pack well on a bike. Even then, if conditions were perfect, I'd consider riding a bicycle instead of the motorcycle. I have a smaller tank to fill than the mo-cycle and a good rain would wash off the sweat.

Psychologically speaking, I don't like to associate a motorcycle with work either. It's sort of like having a golf outing with business clients. I like to golf and that ruins it.

longride 07-17-2006 07:37 AM

Golf was invented so you'd have something to do while you are drinking.

tbsrider2000 07-17-2006 07:39 AM

I ride mine to work most everyday, including today. Although the 103 degree high for today will probably have me wishing I didn't when I head home.