Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 07-14-2006, 04:20 AM   #11
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: "an entirely reasonable excuse"...

I mean c'mon now, we all forget sometimes....why last winter it was 40* and raining and I was riding along and I thought "dang it's wet out", turned out I forgot to put my coat on. Then this other time I had my feet back on the pegs and the bottom of my foot kept melting to the pipe and smelling like bacon....I thought "Oh silly me....I forgot my boots"....

Why I even forgot the speed limit is 60 in Washington and it wasn't till a nice State Patrol Trooper pointed out that I was going 90 that I realized..."well gosh darn it, but I forgot to look at the speedometer"!!!! The officer was so nice he wrote me out a little note with my speed and the posted speed on it to help me remember and it only cost $130.

All quite understandable, I mean who hasn't forgotten to wear their helmet or forgotten that cars sometimes don't stop for you
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-14-2006, 04:22 AM   #12
Casey_Daniel
Founding Member

Default Re: 'I forgot it.' says Roethlisberger.

If I do crack just every once in awhile I'm not really a drug user. If I have an experience with someone of the same sex occasionally I'm not actually gay.
Casey_Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 04:26 AM   #13
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re:

Tough crowd.
Old 07-14-2006, 04:45 AM   #14
ValkBandit
Registered Member

natural selection at work.

it's why there are so few quarterbacks in the world ... the dumb trait tends cull you from the gene pool. no doubt big ben's ancestors taunted saber-tooth cats.
ValkBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 05:07 AM   #15
bbtowns
Founding Member

People make a big deal out of me eating pasta with my fingers, but sometimes I use silverwear too. You can't label me as a finger using pasta eater!

Lord, give me the wisdom to at least take basic safety precautions if you decide to give me a multi-million dollar job. The job would be a good start.
Old 07-14-2006, 05:53 AM   #16
seruzawa
The Toad

Everybody knows that because of the drool on your keyboard.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:11 AM   #17
johnnyb
Founding Member

well maybe some good comes of it really. Ben is a "role model," if this keeps one kid from becoming a brain-addled ward of the state, it was actually worth it no?

How long u think it will take Pa. legislature to draft helmet law? probly already on the case I imagine. Another good thing.

Cue "there goes all our freedoms..."

(which is of course, the same old "slippery slope" argument. Having a seat belt law didn't turn cars into speed-governed bumper cars. Strict gun laws in certain states haven't turned them into places where only criminals have guns. Etc. Etc...)
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 06:22 AM   #18
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Still trumpeting the tired old 'we are all too stupid to take care of ourselves" argument eh JB? Oh, that's right, you still smoke. I guess you might be right in your case. Can't argue with stupidity. Oh, I forgot that you would rather have your kids smoke than ride without a helmet. Pure genius.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:30 AM   #19
johnnyb
Founding Member

Like a largemouth bass going for a juicy nigthcrawler. Hello, I know smoking is bad for my health ok? And I am a horrid parent, I often abuse my child and other peoples too.

Smoking is good for me, the Surgeon General is a stooge of the govt. trying to take away my freedom. Today tobacco, tomorrow foodstuffs.

Do you know that riding a motorcycle without a helmet is bad for you? It is as plain as the nose on your face. But I don't think you know it.

I hope nobody turns left in front of you, MO will have lost a brilliant mind.

johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 06:31 AM   #20
lefty337
Founding Member

PA has helmet laws. But not being licensed, Ben wouldn't know them.

In PA you have to wear a helmet for the first two years unless you pass the MSF course.
lefty337 is offline   Reply With Quote