Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 07-06-2006, 07:00 AM   #31
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Youth and Stupidity: Not a good mix.

"If the the government does do anything, I hope it's something smart, "

That'd be a first.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-06-2006, 07:07 AM   #32
minglet
Registered Member

Default Re: Youth and Police Radars. Not a Good Mix.

Another example of the disconnect between the typical car driving public and motorcyclists. I don't know how many times I've gotten out of the way of some guy in a Mercedes or whatever doing well into the 140+ range and I don't see a cop to catch them. My concern is that new cars are built faster and more powerful than ever and weigh close to 2 tons and many of these drivers aren't really up to the task. Talk about something to be concerned about. And what about these cops hauling ass in those Detroit cars chasing folks and running into innocent cars nearby. Talk about a double-standard. This is one reason why I've put 80% of my riding into the track just to stay away from this medocrity.
minglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 07:13 AM   #33
Fenton
Founding Member

I'm with you, I find anything above 115 or so moving pretty damn fast. I haven't seen north of 140 on a track and my guess is, I won't.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 07:56 AM   #34
brax4444
Registered Member

I think that video might be a computer fake.
brax4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 07:58 AM   #35
pdad13
Founding Member

Dude, I can't keep up with you. Did you sell the Dyna or did you have a Bonnie that I wasn't aware of?
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 08:07 AM   #36
pdad13
Founding Member

I know what you mean. Riding home on the highway on the 4th was like the Circus Maximus. I had SUVs running up my tail, squeezing in front of me and then moving at 90+ mph after they passed.Then there was a freight train of four of these boneheads riding about four feet off each others' bumpers.

But let's also remember that most of these jackoffs on bikes likely aren't up to the task either.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:18 AM   #37
seruzawa
The Toad

My old W2650SS topped out at 112 at 8000rpm with the shorty mufflers and dental fillings flying everywhere.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:32 AM   #38
sarnali
Founding Member

I traded the Dyna off on a new T100 in black and red. I liked the Dyna but realized I prefer Triumphs. I test rode a Sprint and loved it but I really like the looks and mechanical simplicity of the Bonnies so I bite the bullet and traded. Didn't loose much moneywise and the Dyna was fun for what it was but ever since I had the Trophy I've been sold on Triumph.

If it hadn't been that I'd have picked up an FZ1 or tried to find a new unsold Bandit but the T100 worked out so there it is, I've done jets and slides, pipes and K&N and the Bellmouth intake and it runs and sounds great. Not too loud but a good Brit twin burble.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 10:09 AM   #39
BorgBiker
Registered Member

Default Re: Youth and Stupidity: Not a good mix.

Wow. Did I say that? Clearly I had a "senile moment"!
BorgBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 02:05 PM   #40
pdad13
Founding Member

Ooohh, I saw one in black and red. Very nice.

My brother ditched his VTX 1800 and picked up an '05 B12 leftover a few months back. He's pretty happy with it. I just saw a new FZ-1 at the dealer and it's really, really nice. The F.I. problems are a bit of a concern, though. I think I'd stay away unless someone has already come up with a fuel map/P.C. solution. And what else needs to be said about the Sprint?

I'm very happy with Triumph, too. I've put about 8500 miles on my Daytona so far and it's been great.