Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 07-03-2006, 07:46 AM   #1
ewok1
Founding Member

Default Re: MotoGP Donington. Are you ready, Boots?

A link to the motogp site. Probably some MoFos subscribe. I do. It is fantastic. I can hook up my laptop to my tv and watch it live as though I was in Europe or Asia. The quality is at least as good as speedtv. i think it is better. I believe it is a must have for any motorcycle race fan. And no more truncated speed tv coverage for me.

regards
ewok1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-03-2006, 08:03 AM   #2
johnnyb
Founding Member

what? u can plug puter into TV? how that work man... mine only has audio output. wait, boy has new hi-power computer...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 08:31 AM   #3
ewok1
Founding Member

It may not be news, but it seems like magic to me.

you're funny.

regards

ed
Old 07-03-2006, 08:50 AM   #4
pdad13
Founding Member

It's safe to discuss this now, right?

Rossi never ceases to amaze.

When Pedrosa is on, he's damn good. Expect to see him for a long time to come. When he fianlly gets it refined, he'll be scary. Now, can someone teach him how to smile? (Yes, he did smile on the podium.)

Props to Melandri. Enough said.

Nicky might have made this even more interesting if it weren't for his run-off. Decent job limiting the damage.

Go McJunior and KR!
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:51 AM   #5
yoavy11
Founding Member

Rossi is amazing. I think he rides with a broken right hand (wrist?) from a crash in Assen during practice last week.

Melandri gave Rossi a great fight. He's also recovering from a crash a week earlier in Catalunya.

Pedrosa is causing some new speculations. Apparently he weighs in 112lb. and compared to Rossi's 148lb. it calculates to a 30HP advantage. So not only did he win the race yesterday, he also broke the track record by more then 1.2 sec. in his 1st time ever in Donington on a MotoGP bike. So maybe they should go the 125cc way and have a minimum weight for the bike & rider combined.

Hayden didn't look that great but he still has a great lead in points.

I'm still putting my money on Rossi. But I know it'll come down to the last round.
yoavy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:51 AM   #6
JoeBlade
Founding Member

Not the most exciting race of the season - last week's last lap battel between Edwards and Hayden was phenomenal! Still, I'm glad to see the championship race stay tight.

Rossi's run from the 4th row to the podium shows even with a broken wrist he's a force to be reckoned with. Pedrosa was simply on fire, seamlessly a second a lap faster than everyone else. Too bad Nicky had such a bad week.

Great to see all the American's up front again!

I still want Nicky to win the championship! He needs a big win next week if possible!
JoeBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 10:50 AM   #7
johnnyb
Founding Member

actually it was a serious question. I am technologically challenged. do computers have video outputs? i will have to look at son's new box...
Old 07-03-2006, 10:51 AM   #8
johnnyb
Founding Member

because if that's the case I will drop lame-o Speed tv and expensive package of which it is a part...
Old 07-03-2006, 11:22 AM   #9
ewok1
Founding Member

oh jeez, sorry. they have at least two different ways to hookup if you have a tv with that can act as a monitor. i think most flat screens are this way. anyhow yep presto, my neighbor came over and attached a cord to the tv and now i wake up at 5 am pst when motogp is in Europe and watch the whole thing on tv taking special care to plug my earplugs in so as not to wake up she who must be obeyed.

regards

ed
Old 07-03-2006, 11:27 AM   #10
ewok1
Founding Member

i'd go along with as much as 5 hp, but not 30. even 5 is a pretty large advantage if the aerodynamic part is equal.

i have been told (and remember 60 days before the first races in april) that every 7lbs works out to 1hp.