Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 07-03-2006, 05:05 PM   #21
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: Stunned!

There were a lot of people at the USGP at Indy, but MotoGP also draws big crowds in most places in the world. There was even talk that MGP was threatening the supremacy of F1.

Laguna will be packed this year, but that venue just can't handle a huge number of people anyway. Remember that Indy holds about 500,000 people--it's the world's largest stadium. If you've never been there, it's worth going just to see how damn big the place is. It's really incredible in person. And people really did come in droves this year, especially with the future of the race in question.

Let's face it, motorcycle racing just isn't on as many radars in this country. Although MotoGP does seem to be picking up a little traction. The AMA road racing program is a mess.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-03-2006, 05:15 PM   #22
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: MotoGP Donington. Are you ready, Boots?

"And you do realize that by even thinking "kumbaya" you've set yourself up perfectly for Buzz and Seruzawa, don't you?"

Nah. Tonight is Drum Circle night. They won't tear themselves away.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 05:18 PM   #23
schizuki
Founding Member

Doesn't MotoGP pull in something like 100,000 spectators in European tracks?

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
Old 07-03-2006, 05:25 PM   #24
schizuki
Founding Member

OK, apparently "Are you ready, boots?" comes from Nancy Sinatra's These Boots Are Made for Walkin'.

What that has to do with motorcycle racing, I have no idea.

Wacky Europeans...

Old 07-03-2006, 07:57 PM   #25
pdad13
Founding Member

Depends on the track. I think anywhere from 70,000-100,000 is fairly typical.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 12:05 AM   #26
Tadgh
Registered Member

typically all european tracks would be sold out for moto gp...this could be up to 140,000 at catalunya, jerez and valencia and most of them would be on bikes ..

.i think the crowds at the f1 in america was probably due to the fact that there was a major push on this year to attract fans..with free tickets etc ..due to the disaster last year when most teams on michelin (??) tyres pulled out when the tyres started exploding on the banked turns.......

....btw donnigton probably had 90,000 on sunday...there are very little stands on the track....apart from the main straight the area is a natural amphitheatre where you can look down onto a lot of the corners from one spot ...

.go rossi !
Tadgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 04:40 AM   #27
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Didn't Nancy once cover Kumbaya?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 05:21 AM   #28
schizuki
Founding Member

Grrrr.

Old 07-04-2006, 06:36 AM   #29
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

If your son's video card has an S-video out jack, you can connect your PC to the TV and make that your monitor through the driver. All you need is a cord and a fairly modern tv with an S-video input jack. Pretty easy to do. I heard Bush was gonna outlaw it soon, so get it doen ASAP.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:25 AM   #30
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Alpinestars GPpro and GPTech gloveshave the pinky fused to the ring finger, so that the two digits reinforce each other. Both of my pinkies stick-out about 1/2" from the rest of my hands when I'm relaxed thanks to several previous breaks and dislocations. Now, the Alpinestars are the only gloves I'll wear on the racetrack. -Sean