Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 07-03-2006, 12:40 PM   #11
ewok1
Founding Member

Default Re: MotoGP Donington. Are you ready, Boots?

The broken right wrist part is the most amazing thing to me. I think I need Dr. Costa as my own personal doctor (savior). The last three times I have lowsided in a race i have dislocated, with various and sundry other breaks and bends, the same two outside fingers on my right hand. a quick trip to emergency, or a friendly non lawsuit fearing emt has pulled them back out so i could do what passes for racing in my case. thats good but braking with the sore digits is hell for a couple of weeks and especially the same day. having that much force on Rossi's right broken wrist has lead me to conclude that Dr. Costa may have access to certain pharmeceutical products which could be an advantage to me, recreationally speaking.
ewok1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-03-2006, 12:44 PM   #12
ewok1
Founding Member

what? and miss "superbikes"? that's just crazy talk.
ewok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:13 PM   #13
schizuki
Founding Member

"It's safe to discuss this now, right?"

You funny guy. Anyone who hasn't seen the race hasn't seen any spoilers in my post. If they start reading the comments, then they're asking for it. My beef is with people who put spoilers where you can't reasonably avoid them (like in unrelated discussions, or in the post header.)

I agree - Rossi is amazing and Pedrosa looks to be the Next Big Thing. Which is why it's critical that Nicky win the championship this season - I'm not sure if he'll have another chance like this.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:29 PM   #14
obandoj
Founding Member

That is why they are my heroes, these boys are the gutsiest, toughest sportsmen out there, they make all of the stick and ball steroid pumping outlaws look like nothing but ghetto bums.

Riding with injuries that would make most of us stay home crying in pain, even longride, is awsome. GO NICKY.

20 days for Laguna!!!
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:58 PM   #15
pdad13
Founding Member

No sarcasm intended. I was just wondering if everyone saw the race. Some others I know were actually trying to wait for the Tuesday re-broadcast as they couldn't catch it over the holiday weekend. I guess theyr'e going to have it on during the 4th barbecue.

Notice I tried not to give too much away, either. The only thing you could safely assume is that Hayden didn't win.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 02:16 PM   #16
Brent_Meeker
Founding Member

Rossi would only need an additional 18hp to make up for the 36lb weight disadvantage. And that's only if there's not a requirement to add weight when the rider is very light. There used to be a rule that if the rider weighed less than 134lbs then the difference had to be added to the bike. I don't know if this kind of rule is still in place though.
Brent_Meeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 02:21 PM   #17
Admiral_dk
Registered Member

The formula for speed is (if memory serves) :

Velocity = (the cubic root of HP) divided by Air-resistance [frontal area * Cw]

Friction is actually also part of the equation, but it's negible (or the chap who's reponsible for it not being so, will be out on his head rather quickly).

Weight doesn't come into play (if the straight is long enough) - but it's a heavy part of the accelleration equation (pun intended).

Since they are accellerating most of the time (bracking is accelleration with a negative sign in front) and no straight are long enough for them to "cruise" at top speed - Dani's weight is certainly an advantage.

But as Rossi has proven so many times last year and this too - a rider who can ride around the problems with the bike are the likely winner. Another great example of this is (was ?) Kevin Schwantz. Dani is a very likely future example of this too.
Admiral_dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 03:41 PM   #18
schizuki
Founding Member

You're a gentleman, pdad.

Like I said, I figure anyone who hasn't seen it yet would know better than to open up the thread. So no secrets in the comments.

What chafes me is when you open the MO homepage and the headline under the "News" is something like, "Utterly miraculous, unbelievable victory by Kenny Roberts, Jr.!!!!!"

That, and "Kumbaya."

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 03:41 PM   #19
gbrummett
Founding Member

Default Stunned!

I have been watching MotoGP since Nicky Hayden came on board and just happened to turn over and take a look at the car GP at the Indy 500 this weekend and MAN!! If we had even half as many people watching MotoGP as I saw watching the auto GP it would be a specticale.

Anybody else notice the huge difference??
gbrummett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 04:54 PM   #20
pdad13
Founding Member

Boy that'll be something when I open the homepage and see a miraculous victory by McJunior. Although, these days it's not so hard to bellieve. I'd love to see it.

As far as being a gentleman, some (KP and Bigdx, particularly) might have a different opinion. What my friend Biggie hasn't figured out is that I'd argue the Earth is flat and JFK was assasinated by aliens just to get him riled.

And you do realize that by even thinking "kumbaya" you've set yourself up perfectly for Buzz and Seruzawa, don't you?
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote