Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Misc News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/)
-   -   Pete Sounds Off about 'Super Bikes.' (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/3709-pete-sounds-off-about-super-bikes.html)

Buzglyd 06-28-2006 11:27 AM

Re: I agree

You had an extra copy of faster and gave it to a non-GPTB member?

pdad13 06-28-2006 11:57 AM

Re: I agree

He's a pledge. It's all part of a pilot program the NY chapter is running for indoctrination and re-education. As you know, we really have no interest in racing, only lots of chrome thingees, leather costumes, drunken poker runs and strippers.

I also just ordered my copy of The Doctor, The Tornado and The Kentucky Kid. We're going to have a big bonfire.

schizuki 06-28-2006 01:09 PM

Re: Pete Sounds Off about 'Super Bikes.'

"Grumpy Old Gen Xer

kpaul"

Gen-X is post-1964. I thought you were in your mid-40's?

ksquid 06-28-2006 01:13 PM

graduated in college in 1988

Dangerousdave_2 06-28-2006 01:25 PM

I think stupidity is a very endearing trait in a woman. My present wife would be perfect, if she were just a bit gullible. Oh, well, she probably wouldn't mind if I weighed thirty pounds less, either. Life is full of comprimises.

Dangerousdave_2 06-28-2006 01:43 PM

I guess the bottom line is that stainless steel brake lines and Ohlins suspension is just not as interesting to your average couch potato as that chopper that those knucklheads on Discovery Channel (No, not Jesse James) put together for Billy Joel. The frame and various parts came back from the powdercoating shop kinda orange, rather than fire engine red, and all the oranges didn't match either. They just slapped it together and presented it to him anyway. If anybody wants to know why American cars have fallen into disfavor, we may have a clue here. Joel didn't seem to notice anything wrong, by the way.

Gritboy 06-28-2006 02:01 PM

LOL! Well the Ratpack may seem new and interesting, but overall they're just the same bad boyz we've seen each generation in bikedom -- different bikez, but same attitude. That said, SPEED doesn't really have a clue about it's "bike" demographic or they'd looks lame shows like Corbin's Ride On and American Thunder -- both really dated shows. Too bad they don't do one show for each bike demographic (hooligans, racers, bikers, dakarians, tourers, etc.) and see which stick, but instead we get fad culture cycle shows. Ah well, I'll just ride and stop watchin' SPEED.

Gritboy 06-28-2006 02:06 PM

That Irish accent sure didn't sound French to me, but if you laid off the sauce you'd notice there were American English speakers on the show too. So much the U.S. educational system.

Fenton 06-28-2006 02:11 PM

"Joel didn't seem to notice anything wrong, by the way."

Just goes to show you, if he had the stomach to watch the show, he'd know his bike was screwed up.

ksquid 06-28-2006 02:15 PM

you are so funny...in sea of mudslingers you are the one bright light..