Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 06-28-2006, 07:37 AM   #51
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Default Re: Pete Sounds Off about 'Super Bikes.'

I am glad that at least they're acknowledging there's more than just one type of Rider. Yo Broz, like shouldn't they like call the show "Super Bikez" Yo? Maybe like do a segment on like how it's just like way too much work to use turn signals when cagin'? Like explain why adding unsprung weight by chroming your wheels is Dope! Dudez! Physicz be Damned!

Speedvision used to Rock, a show for enthusiasts by enthusiasts! Now the Nascar channel with some good race programing for filler.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-28-2006, 07:56 AM   #52
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Default Re: I don't get Speed channel.

Not to worry, there are already plenty of negative stereotypes out there for Riders to deal with, F'em! Doubt the non-riding public will drag itself away from "Everybody loves Raymond" to watch "Biker stuff".
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 08:06 AM   #53
seruzawa
The Toad

Amen to that. Even Modern Marvels has those chopper shows beat hands down. And then there's Rachel Ray's cooking show...... of course when MXC is on there's no competition in town at all.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:08 AM   #54
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: I didn't realize...

Heh heh. Good one.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:12 AM   #55
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: I agree

I'm wondering if Supermotard might be a better venue to expand roadracing popularity. The tracks are much smaller and it's relatively cheap to compete compared to the other pro-venues. Sure looks like a hoot.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:17 AM   #56
seruzawa
The Toad

You have a point. They may be doing dumb stuff, but ar least they aren't wallowing down the road at 75mph in an SUV while talking on the cell phone and applying mascara (I have seen this).
Old 06-28-2006, 08:29 AM   #57
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: I agree

It might be more fun to participate in than watch. I've seen a few motard races at Superbike events and it gets old after a while. Plus the never-ending drone of single cylinder bikes gets real old after a while!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 08:34 AM   #58
Tigercub
Founding Member

It's no worse than MTV or V1 that my kids watch. Check out all the other programming at that time - it's all garbage.

But having said that I liked it. I liked the counter-culture and tech aspects of it.

Plus, I don't think it will do any more damage to our sport than a Harley with open pipes blasting past a car stuck in freeway traffic will do. It's all just part of the downward spiral of American culture. So what!?
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 08:38 AM   #59
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Gotta love Rachel Ray. She's sort of a cross between a truck driver and Betty Crocker!
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 08:55 AM   #60
TomSmith
Founding Member

Default Re: I DO get Speed channel.

Good comments, except that I prefer Ashley over KPaul. I saw the show and thought that it looked like early Hells Angels days only on sportbikes. But what do you expect from Frisco? I guess I'd start wearing a suit and tie when I go riding - but my wife gave my suits away and told me to wear jeans from now on.
TomSmith is offline   Reply With Quote