Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 06-26-2006, 10:34 AM   #41
Tomas_P
Founding Member

Default Re: 'Two Wheel Tuesday' Go Bye-Bye?

Thanks for the tip! Hayden's win at Assen was awesome. I stand speechless and in awe of the skill and bravery of everyone who races MotoGP. Go Nicky!

And yes, IofM disappeared from Speed as well...
Tomas_P is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-26-2006, 10:38 AM   #42
Tomas_P
Founding Member

Default Re: Super Bikes on Speed Channel

Ha! My sentiments too.

I'd like to be fly-on-the-wall at the "pitch" meetings when these programming ideas are promoted. Now THAT would be a funny/sad reality TV show.
Tomas_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:48 AM   #43
dean_1
Founding Member

Okay. Who is gonna produce the pilot for the new show "Old Farts on Motorcycles Using Common Sense and Not Paying Stupid Money for Stupid Modifications?" Or how about "How to Make Your Motorcycle Exhast Quieter and Other Ways to Draw Less Attention to Yourself?"
dean_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 11:47 AM   #44
Casey_Daniel
Founding Member

Go to speedtv.com and let them know what you think. Here's what I had to say.

I'm disappointed that your programming is going to include a show like superbikes. If speedtv showed coverage of the isle of mann TT or some other material that was substantial in some nature people would come to you. Instead you let someone sell you an idea of what sport bikes are about. Sport bikes were designed to race not for stunting. Now we're creating a whole new group of people that are going to go out and be irresponsible. I hope your show involves how to sign up for a track day at a local track and how to prepare a bike.

I know can I please see more coverage of NASCAR? Boy those guys sure are talented.
Casey_Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 11:49 AM   #45
BillyO
Registered Member

Would you or some one tell this older rider what a "squid" is ?

I`ve been riding since 1964,and never saw this definition of a certain rider before.
BillyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 11:59 AM   #46
Casey_Daniel
Founding Member

Someone basically who has no clue about safety or how to guide a bike through a series of turns, but every idea of how cool it is do do wheelies stoppies or any other unsafe act that draws attention to themselves. The squid is spotted in its natural habitat by the almost new quality to the edge of the tire while wearing the middle completely out.
Casey_Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:03 PM   #47
davidhaner
Founding Member

The wikipedia article is pretty good.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squid%28motorcycle%29
davidhaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:04 PM   #48
davidhaner
Founding Member

sorry, here it is as a proper link:

squids
davidhaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 12:13 PM   #49
BillyO
Registered Member

Thank you ever so much.My FAST days are over.

You are only young once,and once is enough.

The older I get,the faster I WAS.

BillyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 02:21 PM   #50
pfalso
Founding Member

Yeah, I'm not happy about it. But Greg did let us know back in May (Though I didn't read it until June)

From http://www.gregontv.com/

GregOnTv.com: Don't read the rumors, get the facts right here! Tell your friends the truth!!

05-30-06 - Charlotte, NC -- 2 Wheel Tuesday concludes June 20th!!

The reports are true that "2 Wheel Tuesday", the actual name of the show I been hosting for about three and half years is coming to an end. One thing I have realized is that everything in life, including life itself, has a cycle. There is a beginning a middle and finally and an end. 2 Wheel Tuesday has run its course and it was a great course!

I just want to thank every single person who was involved with 2 Wheel Tuesday over the years. There are a couple of stand-outs that need to be named. The man behind the week to week operations is Producer Dan Parisi. Also Rick Miner the Executive Producer of the show. Both men are huge motorcycle enthusiast and were 100% behind the show for the entire run. Beyond that there are so many people that have contributed to making this show a success, to many to name here.

Anyway, the real people who I need to thank are, you, the fans of the show. Over the years it is you folks who've kept us motivated to do the show week to week. We are very proud of the 174 shows we produced in three and half years.

I still work for Speed, I am not fired or being replacedÂ… the show 2 Wheel Tuesday is just coming to its conclusion. 2 Wheel Tuesday is NOT being replaced by another show. That is false reporting from a website that does not have it's facts straight. A small fact is that 2 Wheel Tuesday airs at 8PM Est, American Thunder airs in it's place... I am not sure how the new show which airs at 9PM Est is replacing a show that is not even in the same time slot. Another fact is that 2 Wheel Tuesday had been slated to wrap up it's run long before the new show "Super Bikes" was even thought up. But some people just like to sensationalize situations for their benefit. Oh well, that is any industry I guess. Anyway, thanks again for inviting me into your house each week. It has been an honor and a privilege and I appreciate every person who ever watched. I will see you in the pits at the AMA Superbike races and perhaps in other capacities at Speed.

Thanks for all the years!

Greg White

P.S. Keep checking gregontv.com for updates on my latest projects!

pfalso is offline   Reply With Quote