Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Misc News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/)
-   -   MI Govn'r Granholm: 'Helmets Save Lives.' (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/3698-mi-govnr-granholm-helmets-save-lives.html)

dylanmo 06-24-2006 09:42 PM

Re: Political Courage is a rare thing these days

I'm sure you'll be linking to a poll showing the deep disapproval for the Governor's action here, thereby demonstrating her courage. Why, she could keep her job over this!

rmdower 06-24-2006 11:58 PM

Re:

This is actually very interesting and all, but people's behavior on the internet is weird. I find it interesting that someone can read any number of assumptions about individual intent and behavior from the few scraps of words. I learned a very valuable lesson today, and everywhere on the internet where there are attempts of social discourse, learning, or conversation, it can rapidly degrade to barbarism. Kudos! My last comment ever on this website.

longride 06-25-2006 02:33 AM

Re: MI Govn'r Granholm: 'Helmets Save Lives.'

The CB750 is not moving very quickly. It looks like the rat that it is at this point. I ahve ridden it to work for the last couple of weeks. Runs great, but I can decide if I want to go bobber or cafe, so it will just look like crap in the meantime.

longride 06-25-2006 02:39 AM

Re: Let's try to look good, folks. . .

"a) I do not consider it a personal choice when the public ends up paying,

So you are for banning smoking cigarettes, eating fast food, having unprotected sex, and drinking alcohol? We all end up paying for everything including your 'right' to ride a motorcycle, which is certainly more dnagerous and adds many more unnecessary injuries and deaths than if you just rode in an auto. The banning of motorcycles has already been debated in the Gov, so your theory that it will never happen in wishful thinking. If they can think it, they can, and will, do it. Bet on it.

longride 06-25-2006 02:40 AM

Dude, stop throwing logic at him. It's just going to confuse him.

bigdx 06-25-2006 04:47 AM

Re: All talk about the filthy cow Granholm and nothing about Nicky?

??

You do not want to hear the result of a race but you post/read on motorcycle BB and expect me (and all other posters) to comply with your wishes? Wow. I must be missing something but I am sure I am not indebted to you. Please let me know if I am mistaken on this one.

I suggest in future you stay away from all activities that may reveal results you do not want to hear, rather than continuing with your rather childlike postulation that you have some right to tell me what I may post or not.

"Jesus Christ, how many times does this have to be said?"

As many times as you wish. Someday you may actually realize that I do need not comply with your wishes (and as you see, donÂ’t)

jfk22 06-25-2006 04:55 AM

I always wear a helmet when I ride. I feel smart because of it. If it was mandatory I wouldn't feel as smart because all the morons would be wearing them too. Personally I think we should make stupid people as conspicuous as possible. If you see them you can get out of their way.

longride 06-25-2006 04:58 AM

We already make stupid people as conspicuous as possible. You can spot them by counting the wheels on their vehicle. Any less than four, and you have yourself an idiot. Pretty simple formula.

DaveFla 06-25-2006 05:21 AM

Re:

Taking your football and going home is of course childish, not barbaric. Until you wrote this, I'd have encouraged you to continue to post. Take your eloquent lamentations at the state of this conversation and stick them with your kudos. At least you didn't mention Hitler...

On topic: slippery slopes aside, a government that can force you to wear safety gear *is* a government that can ban your favorite junk food. Or perhaps they'll simply tax it like they do smoking. Whoops, there are groups calling for that already. Doubtless we'll do it eventually - for the children!

DaveFla 06-25-2006 05:30 AM

He's not kidding, he's just from a better part of the world... year-round riding, if one can handle the heat. In other words AZ, IIRC.