Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 06-19-2006, 06:05 PM   #11
louismfried
Founding Member

Default Re: The Latest in the Steeler Saga.

The fact that the other driver was at fault is irrelevant. Ben was not a licenced driver; was riding a Busa which is the furthest thing from a beginners bike; and he should have been wearing a lid as required of all new riders.

Face it. Ben is an ass who screwed up big time and in the process set a bad example to others who look up to him.
louismfried is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-19-2006, 06:13 PM   #12
oleland
Registered Member

How many of you believe he was doing less than 35mph?
Old 06-19-2006, 08:17 PM   #13
wolfpack_fan
Registered Member

Default Uh, ever heard of carrying a passenger?

They don't have to be licensed, but if they aren't they must wear a helmet.

You are correct though, the way the sentence is written is pretty stupid.
wolfpack_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 08:28 PM   #14
badlionsfan
Founding Member

Default Re: Only licensed motorcyclists are allowed to ride bareheaded in Pennsylvania

what that means is if you have the endorsement, no brain bucket legally required. if you only have the learners permit, you must wear a helmet. we have the same law in ohio.
badlionsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 09:06 PM   #15
schizuki
Founding Member

"The fact that the other driver was at fault is irrelevant"

Um, no, it's not. It's very f***ing relevant.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 09:07 PM   #16
schizuki
Founding Member

Since it was the face plant into the concrete AFTER hitting the car that caused the most injuries, I believe it. His injuries were relatively light otherwise.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 01:32 AM   #17
gaineso42
Registered Member

Since it was illegal for him to be on that bike at all, fault must be at least equal. The car was at fault making a turn, but he was at fault for even being there. And 2 violations, no license AND no legally REQUIRED helmet.
gaineso42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 03:07 AM   #18
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I think he did 35.....all the way into the car. Never touched the brakes and did a face plant into the windshield. I bet he had brain freeze. She turned and he froze. Classic crash scenario.
Old 06-20-2006, 04:26 AM   #19
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Seems to be a LOT of damage to the bike, for only a <35mph crash (more like a 35mph Head-On = 35+35).

Especially considering how little the car was damaged. You could clearly see where Ben had struck the car with his face........
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 06:09 AM   #20
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default Old folks driving

A few years ago coming back from Sturgis I was in a group of riders with my son on the back of my Glide and my wife on her Yamaha Radian behind me. We were on Hiway 2 about 20 miles west of Grand Island. We didn't know the group we has joined as it was just one of those things after leaving a gas station. Anyway, this guy on a Sportster was leading the way and then it was an SUV and then me and then the wife and others. All of a sudden this Jeep Grand Cherokee came flying through the air going the other way but in the ditch to my right at high speed. And the SUV in front of me slowed to a stop and got out all agitated and yelling that the guy on the Sportster was somewhere down the embankment and had crashed because of the Jeep. We found him all crumpled up in the weeds just short of a barb wire fence and he was twitching, bloody and face down with his mouth in the dirt. He was having trouble breathing and looked bad but we flipped him over so he could breath. By devine intervention a couple of nurses just happened to be tooling by and came down and stablelized him and an ambulance was on the way. The Jeep Grand Cherokee shows up and it's this approx 70 year old lady and she had know idea what mayhem she had caused. The ole battleaxe said she had fallen asleep and had finally woken up after she had darn near taken us all out. These old biddies on meds driving puts us all at risk everytime we head out on the road. I assume the guy lived and do know that he was also coming back from Sturgis and was 20 miles from home. The evasive ditching of his bike probably kept him from getting killed head on by that stupid old bag.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote