Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 06-19-2006, 11:55 AM   #41
ksquid
Banned

Default Note to self..

yep I'm the kiss of death..to good ideas and well written posts like sarnali's...Note to self next time use the moderator button.. GPTB is on Fox like guilt by association campaign..
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-19-2006, 11:57 AM   #42
davidhaner
Founding Member

Default Re: CNN Video Report on Helmets and Safety

I think there is a deeper philosophical question. Is Bradley actually Bradley? It's impossible to tell... ask him yourself. Does Bradley exist at all? Where's Descartes when you need him?

I suspect Bradley wasn't much different before the crash.
davidhaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:00 PM   #43
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Note to self..

You must watch an awful lot of Fox News to know so much about it.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:01 PM   #44
davidhaner
Founding Member

Is that the van you live in?
davidhaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:03 PM   #45
Tigercub
Founding Member

Default Re: Helmet laws save lives i.e. government involvemet is good.

Actually statistics on horse-back riding show that there are many more accidents riding horses than motorcycles. Falling or being thrown from a horse is quite common. However, injuries tend to be are much less severe.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:09 PM   #46
Tigercub
Founding Member

GP bikes need rearview mirrors
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:12 PM   #47
ccd3
Founding Member

Default Would it have been me?

Let's take a moment to arm-chair quarterback. The rider didn't seem to be going very fast- 35? There was almost a full second from the time the car locked-up to the time it merged into the motorcycle lane. I never saw the bike twitch, dive nor do anything that would indicate evasive action was taken. Target fixation anyone?

I'd like to think I'd be cool enough to lock up the brakes or squish myself next to the car in the right-hand lane.. but I guess I'll never know... What do you folk think. How would you avoid this?
ccd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:24 PM   #48
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Note to self..

Amazing isn't it. I couldn't tell you what Fox news reports because I never ever watch any TV news. Yet the political genius of the century, who hates it so much, is the complete expert on it.

Well, since he's also an expert motorcyclist who never rides it makes a sort of sense, I guess.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:32 PM   #49
orcyclist
Founding Member

Default Re: Would it have been me?

Sometimes it's just that intuitioin that causes me to slow down or be hypere alert. Expect people to do dumb things. I CONSTANTLY play a game ( serious one though) of figuring out what I wold do if that car, truck or SUV does the dumbest possible thing. It has actually saved me about 3- 4 times.

Cover the brake alol the time. PRACTICE those braking and vision exercises. Do a max performance stops as you get off the freeway or on a surface street (Be sure to look behind you first,please) NO, don't practice on wet streets! Remember that the thing that separates the racers from non-racers is bike control. And that means BRAKES. ANd knowing precisely how your bike will respond.

The point is that even though she (I have seen the video before) crashed she was OK becasue she had on all the gear. THAT was the point. Remember sometimes it's just luck that we avoid a crash. Even the best racers crash sometime..

Old 06-19-2006, 12:48 PM   #50
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Would it have been me?

It's hard to say. That was the strangest manuever ever. It almost looks like the guy in the car pulled on the parking brake and locked the rear wheels on purpose.

It's hard to anticipate something that stupid.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote