Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Misc News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/)
-   -   Will They Sue Disney? (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/3676-will-they-sue-disney.html)

gforces 06-17-2006 07:49 AM

Re: Will They Sue Disney?

darn. May his god rest his soul.

clively 06-17-2006 09:08 AM

My prayers go with those guys and their families. Hopefully the officer will make it alright. Before the folks start arguing about protective gear or lack of fire/abrasion/scuff/impact/injury resistant material, please let me remind everyone to ride safely, with controlled aggression to anticipate poor driving manuevers of others. We all speed and ride with actions some may seem dangerous just remember not to get complacent and be ready to anticipate bad moves.

clively 06-17-2006 09:25 AM

I forgot to say, I don't understand how Disney could be sued. From reading the article it sounded like the first bike was speeding & the cop went the wrong way when he turned around. I would like to know how Disney could be responsible, other than they failed to list the "kppi longitudinal factor" as the in-line four "inferior " motorcycle lost lateral stability in the curve, on the sign that gave the recomended corner speed at the turn.

rmdower 06-17-2006 09:58 AM

In America you can sue anyone for any reason regardless of fault

The_AirHawk 06-17-2006 10:04 AM

When I used to work for the Evil Empire(tm) [AKA Wal-Mart] many Eons ago, there was a woman who was bicycling to the store I was assigned to, that took a bad spill on a sideroad near the store. Bad enough, an ambulance was called and she went to the E.R. for a few hours.

She later filed a claim, then a lawsuit against us, on the precept that "Her destination was Wal-Mart, she intended on spending her money there shopping, ergo Wal-Mart was responsible for her damages, and pain and suffering."

Right.

Not that I believe the Evil Empire(tm) is Innocent or Irresponsible of many, many vile things in this world, but......WTF Lady!?

racerjak 06-18-2006 02:20 AM

Maybe Disney should sue first. Looks to me that both accidents could have been avoided.

bmwclay 06-18-2006 05:11 AM

Controlled agression is what you need out there for combat commuting. You ride passively, obey all the speed laws, and you will die. Motorcyclist have to be agressive and stake out their place on the freeway or they become SUV fodder. Let's just hope for continued high gas prices that are forcing the SUV off the highway and left unsold in the dealer's showrooms.

xlr8r 06-18-2006 05:47 AM

What you REALLY need is that modified bike from the old 007 movie Thunderball with missiles in the fairing.

priday 06-18-2006 04:42 PM

Here's MY problem.....

I Ride, but I also sell big, gas guzzling SUV's.

Talk about a conflict of interest....

Rob

ELI_1 06-18-2006 09:57 PM

God's Speed Sir . . .