Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 06-19-2006, 03:47 AM   #11
Steve781
Founding Member

Default Re: Here's MY problem.....

Sounds like you and Christy Hefner could hang out and compare conflicted consciences.
Steve781 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-19-2006, 07:41 AM   #12
The_Aerodynamic_Head
Founding Member

Default Re: Here's MY problem.....

Clearly, it would be best for everyone if gas prices soared to $10/gal. overnight, so that no SUV would ever again be driven or sold on these shores. Then those pesky domestic auto manufacturors who pollute the environment and corrupt the political landscape could finally go out of business. And since plane tickets would become astronomically expensive, we'd all stay home, travelling no long distances (unless it's to the nearest twisities). Touring bikes (anything getting less than 45 mpg) would also be obsolete; we'd all ride the motards that everyone here creams about. so what about the deep-cycle Depression that that would cause? Comfort, prosperity, security, ethics, global stability and public utilities are less important than being moral (vis-a-vis the Europaean definition) with regard to fuel consumption. So what about the millions of jobs that would be lost? Y'all deserve to lose everything you've ever had or dreamed of having because you cooperated in the intrinsic evil that is the SUV! Viva los Estados Unidos! Viva la revolucion!