Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 06-13-2006, 03:21 AM   #81
bigdx
Founding Member

Default Re: Other than not wearing a helmet? That covers it

FastolÂ’moron is a carry over Marxist from the soviet era that hates all who are successful or has some semblance of morality.
bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-13-2006, 03:26 AM   #82
pushrod
Founding Member

Default Re: Big Ben Rings His Bell

Nobody has brought up the the thing about wearing a full-face helmet and doing a face plant, and the risk of suffering a neck fracture.

Hey! Isn't it time for a synthetic oil thread?

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 03:42 AM   #83
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: So the Recap........

Really, you have the 'facts'? You were there? Where were you standing when he hit her? No time to react? Bullshyt. He hit her, so that meant there must have been some time to swerve or get on the brakes. I bet he did neither. For him to hit the 'front right' that means she turned the whole front car in front of him. I say he wasn't paying attention, and certainly not enough to see what was coming. Too bad if you don't like my assessment. He should have expected it, and he wasn't. I bet he will be more careful next time, if he ever rides again. I've been riding the streets for 30 years, and there is no worse traffic in the world than were I ride. Your going to tell me that he had no way of avoiding this? I say bullshyt.
Old 06-13-2006, 03:56 AM   #84
fastoldman
Founding Member

Default Re: You know?

I don't actually think they have, but looking at the competition I am not overly worried. Last year they had a huge injury problem, including Dillon, and I don't expect a repeat of that. You never know with injuries.

We should probably all get on the MOroney (I can't remember how to spell it) bandwagon - he looks like fun at RB even if not a total fix.

I'm actually more of a 49er fan, but when in Rome, eh? Plus, I think they ran clean out of luck for about the next quarter century after the last couple of decades.
fastoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 04:04 AM   #85
fastoldman
Founding Member

Default Re: Other than not wearing a helmet? That covers it

I think he suffered precisely what I would have if I hadn't had a full face on. My head absorbed all the impact (not a word, bigdx) - I didn't even scrape my ungloved hands. And yeah, I'm still proud that I slowed down without locking up the brakes. I'm just small that way.

No I wouldn't feel better if he was poor - but all the flamers getting pissed 'cause we don't have sympathy for a rival quarterback? Whatever, pal. He's gonna be fine, simmer down. If he was really hurt, yeah I might have more sympathy. If he was wearing a full face, yeah I absolutely would. So sue me.
Old 06-13-2006, 04:07 AM   #86
fastoldman
Founding Member

Default I bet he makes it in, but I bet he has some lasting aversion

to get smacked in the head, that's all I'm saying. It just looks like the way this narrative will play out.

Then again, I'm very much not a steelers fan, so it could just be wishful thinking. My hunches on these things have a tendency to come true, though.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:06 AM   #87
Buzglyd
Founding Member

The oil thread is a slippery slope.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 07:35 AM   #88
m_t_yeo
Founding Member

The point is that some activities are dangerous. If you do dangerous activities, it is in your best interests to minimize the risks as much as you can. If you choose not to, then you are doubly stupid: once for taking on the risky activity and once for not minimizing the risks.

We've all failed the first stupid test - we all own and ride bikes. Only some of us go that extra mile and fail the second stupid test.
m_t_yeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 07:49 AM   #89
johnnyb
Founding Member

Hey Longride, are you familiar with the term "hubris"? U r rattling the gods' cages with that ***** buddy. I have had people turn left in front of me unexpectedly and missed being offed by a hair, even tho i always EXPECT people to do stuff like that. My riding "skill" had nothing to do with not biting the fender. Random luck more like...

Every time somebody says I been flying single-engine planes for 30 yrs... I been milking cobra venom for 30 yrs... U know what's coming.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 07:58 AM   #90
Auphliam
Founding Member

Default Re: So the Recap........

If that is truely your assessment then you are either THE most gifted motorcycle operator to ever put your arse in a sattle or you are full of that which you espouse so liberally. Which is it?