Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Misc News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/)
-   -   Big Ben Rings His Bell (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/3663-big-ben-rings-his-bell.html)

longride 06-13-2006 03:05 AM

Re: Big Ben Rings His Bell

"The obvious point is that it's dumber not to wear armour."

And it's even dumber to ride a motorcycle, so what's your point?

longride 06-13-2006 03:08 AM

JB ya gotta love it.

bigdx 06-13-2006 03:13 AM

True.

The naivety of some riders never ceases to amaze me. By riding a motorcycle, we all engage in a very dangerous activity.

A majority of riders engage in speeding and consequently dangerous riding, but somehow think they are safe from injury or death buy wearing power ranger outfits. Bizarre.

Me, IÂ’d rather cruise slowly and feel the wind in my face. I have 15 years of zero bumps, bruises or any other form of injuries to state my case for safety.

Auphliam 06-13-2006 03:42 AM

She's doing fine. Neither she nor any spectators or innocent bystanders were hurt cuz they were all wearing helmets.

BrowningBAR 06-13-2006 03:44 AM

The sports world: Gigantic P*ssies

Seems like ESPN is tap dancing on their soap box.

Every sportscaster and talking head are preaching about how dangerous and scary motorcycles are. I've heard it three times this morning; "I've ridden on a friends bike once and it was scary, I never want to get on one again" and people retelling stories (Joe Theisman) about how their son is a careful rider and still wrecked because they are dangerous (though, during the retelling of the story you can tell the son was not careful and did not use good judgment).

Everyone is also including that "they hope this helps PA change their helmet laws". I wear a helmet hear in PA (so, shut your pie-holes), but I'm not happy to hear this being echoed every time I turn on the TV.

On a side note; it is being reported that the driver of the car was at fault.

Auphliam 06-13-2006 03:54 AM

Re: Other than not wearing a helmet? That covers it

How did you manage to break your jaw and suffer a concussion if you had full gear on? I thought helmets save the world. Would you feel better if he were a poor fool? Would he have earned your precious sympathy? You'd feel bad for him if he were more seriously hurt? You had the same g-d thing happen to you but you can't see past your prejudice in his case cuz of the gear he was or wasn't wearing? A$$. The cage cut him off.

It doesn't matter if he was wearing a speedo or a space suit.

Here's a newsflash for ya Einstein, if he were wearing a fully DOT certified, open faced helmet, he would have suffered exactly the same injuries, save the cut on top of his head.

longride 06-13-2006 04:00 AM

So the Recap........

......of recent sports stars and their motorcycle escapades:

Jay Williams, Chicago Bulls: Loses control of an R6 bought brand new and almost tears his leg off hitting a pole. Solo crash with nobody around. Wore a helmet, but sacrificed his basketball career for a little fun. Contract forbade riding motorcycles.

Kellen Winslow Jr, Cleveland Browns: Went to a stuntfest and watched the crew do their thing. Tried to duplicate their stunts after riding only a short time on a GSXR-750. Crashed hard and tore ligements in his knee, as well as breaking ribs and suffering internal injuries. Wore a helmet. Lost for the season and had to pay back part of signing bonus. Contract forbade riding motorcycles.

Big Ben, Pittsburgh Steelers: Crashed his bike into a car that supposedly turned left in front of him, like that is never supposed to happen. Obviously, he wasn't paying attention, but managed to break his jaw, lose some teeth, break orbital socket, and gash his head up anyway.

The only things that are consistant in all three cases are three guys that can't ride worth a shyt, and all riding those great handling, fast stopping, superior inline four sportbikes. I think these sports dopes ought to stick with what they are good at; like throwing footballs and shooting basketballs. Leave the crashing to me. I'm better at it.

Auphliam 06-13-2006 04:07 AM

My 60 year old mother-in-law was walking through her back yard and tripped over her dog. She took a header into the porch steps and split her head open.

She wasn't wearing a helmet so I pointed and laughed at her. She's such an a$$, I can't believe she would walk around outside without full kevlar protective gear on.

You would never see ridicule like that in the "motorcycle community". Especially if the accident was the result of yet another cager not paying attention and turning left in front of a biker.

If that were to happen, I am sure everyone's first question would be "what the hell was that person doing?" not "was he wearing his Joe Rocket?"

Auphliam 06-13-2006 04:14 AM

Re: So the Recap........

Please try some facts before doing something like this. Ben hit the Chrysler in front of the right front tire. She didn't "supposedly" turn in front of someone that was "obviously not paying attention", she "absolutely" cut him off and left him "absolutely" no time to react.

The first 2 idiots you mentioned were noobs on bikes. Ben has been riding for substantially longer than both and on different styles of bikes.

The only thing consistent in your post is your prejudice.

bigdx 06-13-2006 04:17 AM

Wrong forum mate.

We have the d!ckhead brigade over here that never miss an opportunity to celebrate the death of every non-helmet wearing harley rider.