Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 06-12-2006, 06:35 PM   #61
GrisoDG
Founding Member

Default Re: Big Ben Rings His Bell

You should change your name to Dear Abby.
GrisoDG is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-12-2006, 06:38 PM   #62
GrisoDG
Founding Member

Default Re: whatever, steeler fan

I'm a Pats fan from Boston.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:44 PM   #63
GrisoDG
Founding Member

I work in a hospital emergency room. I appreciate gallows humor. I don't get how Jaklow (sic?) and Ben both deserve angry ridicule unless it's because they both have more money then you.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:52 PM   #64
ewok1
Founding Member

howz the old lady?

warm regards

ed
ewok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 07:23 PM   #65
eekadog
Founding Member

Default he wears one playing football...but doesn't wear one going 75 over hard pavement...

he wears one playing football...but doesn't wear one going 75+ over hard pavement...

someone just pointed that out to me...
eekadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 07:57 PM   #66
spombe7
Founding Member

It is very clear from all the safety classes and all the books about riding that we must ride defensively to survive. The issue is never whose fault it is, the issue is whether you live another day to tell the story.

In the famous HURT report and the MSF course, we are taught repeatedly that a car turning right in front of us is perhaps the most common cause for a deadly MC accident. It has also been well documented that among injuries to the head region, the chin area is the most common area that gets hurt so why so many people still ride without a full-face helmet? Does not wearing a full-face helmet make it the right and good thing to do? Furthermore, of all the injuries, injuries to the leg are the most common so riding pants and boots are perhaps more important than riding jackets. Ben is the proof for these statistics that usually applied only to "other people." He broke his jaw and nose, and his knee. He is lucky to be alive. "Cutting him a slack" is to leave the message untold and more riders will continue to make the same mistakes. I ride in Houston 90 degrees weather with a full face helmet, jacket, riding pants, and boots with shin guard.

spombe7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 01:42 AM   #67
pplassm
Founding Member

Oops. I didn't know. I was referring to Bradshaw's comments of the referenced website.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:51 AM   #68
badlionsfan
Founding Member

I just heard on the radio that he had seven hrs of surgery on his face. Broken jaw and nose, teeth knocked out, and several lacerations of the face and head. Only other injury reported was a sprained knee. Kinda sounds like had he been wearing a helmet, he'd be at home with an ice pack on his knee, but now he'll be drinking his meals for the next 6-9 weeks. anyone who rides or gets behind the wheel knows that most people on the road have know clue how to drive. I don't carry insurance or wear a seatbelt because I'm affraid i'm gonna just run into something, i do it because people can't drive, and I need to protect myself from them. This is multiplied by a million when you're on a bike.
badlionsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 02:02 AM   #69
svo68
Registered Member

so, as you see the answer is no, they don't have a quarterback
svo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 02:27 AM   #70
svo68
Registered Member

what a wasted bi+ch session. no, he was not wearing a helment. yes, he's a grown man and makes his own decisions. other than that, glad he made it.

Shut the Fu(k ^ babies. blah, blah, blah

svo68 is offline   Reply With Quote