Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 06-12-2006, 01:37 PM   #41
johnnyb
Founding Member

Default Re: Big Ben Rings His Bell

damn, you're absolutely right, snif... Now i feel terrible. Can you find it in your heart to forgive me, you ignorant ridiculous ****head?
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-12-2006, 02:01 PM   #42
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

JB rocks!
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 02:13 PM   #43
bigdx
Founding Member

Default You wear your power ranger gear whilst driving your car?

bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 02:17 PM   #44
johnnyb
Founding Member

well I'm sorry but i can't stand sloppy punctuation. We are self-loathing losers. U need the hyphen in there. idiot.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:17 PM   #45
johnnyb
Founding Member

well I'm sorry but i can't stand sloppy punctuation. We are self-loathing losers. U need the hyphen in there. idiot.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:27 PM   #46
GordKS
Founding Member

What I got out of that article is that someone pulled a left in front of him. Probably did not see him. It happens. He can not be held responsible for that. So why is everyone (almost everyone) jumping all over him?

Not wearing a helmet is stupid in my opinion and he is fully responsible for that. He probably would have been injured far less if he were wearing a helmet but he was cut off! He didn't run into a pole or a parked car or something. Cut him a bit of slack! If he were a friend rather than a public figure riding a 200mph capable bike that someone gave him I suspect most of these posts would be jumping all over the driver of the car rather than the rider.

Riding gear with armor might have helped protect his knees. But I don't know all that many riders that wear a fully armored outfit. I don't, for one. Jacket, yes, pants, no. So I can't see where, other than not wearing a helmet, he did that much wrong. If I were his boss I would certainly insisted on the use of a helmet though.

Hope he recovers fully.

GordKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 03:04 PM   #47
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

You're right. I guess generalizations about hundreds (?? thousands) of people are better that generalizations about one person. Stalin and Hitler would agree.

BTW, I think most people are thinking about this from the perspective of safety. Do you think if someone told Ben at the start of the day he was going to bite it, he might have made a different decision? Either to wear a helmet (which would have likely prevented the majority of his reported injuries), or not ride?

Lastly, one sign of maturity is the ability to express one's point of view and thoughtfully consider another's differing POV without having to resort to profanity. Good luck to you!
Old 06-12-2006, 03:06 PM   #48
fastoldman
Founding Member

Default Re: You know?

Either way, all you got is chump quarterbacks. Now Chicago is even with Pittsburgh since Big Ben is down. I know, he'll be back, but I'll bet we're listening to the talking heads in December say Ben never really came back after his accident. He isn't that great in the first place, and getting his melon smacked is no way to prepare for the season.

It's gonna be the Pats and the Bengals in the real super bowl, the afc championship.
fastoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 03:13 PM   #49
fastoldman
Founding Member

I'll tell you what, I'm not looking at this from the standpoint of safety: I'm thinking, 'did he live? cool, because now he's screwed for football'. No way he comes back ready for this season. Punk. Me pats are gonna roll the steelers.

Cue Nelson from the Simpsons: Hah Hah!
Old 06-12-2006, 03:16 PM   #50
fastoldman
Founding Member

Default whatever, steeler fan