Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 06-08-2006, 06:43 AM   #31
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default Re: MI House Passes Helemt Repeal Bill.

Hate to agree with you Longhaul but you got that one right.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-08-2006, 07:51 AM   #32
SV650GLEN
Registered Member

Maybe the insurance companies can have a two tier rate. Lower rates for helmeted riders. If someone signs up for the lower rate and crashes with out a helmet - no coverage!
Old 06-08-2006, 08:35 AM   #33
maladg
Registered Member

Default Re: Longride makes a great point

Excellent points, Longride.

Earlier this week was traveling with a direct report. Sharp person, or so I thought - after all, I did hire this person.

Noted the HD keychain on the long ride (nyuck). I asked the obvious question. Answer was: "no, he wants one though and I'm not going to let him have one - ever. Bikes scare me and crotchrockets really scare me. I want them all outlawed." The questions just whirled in what passes for my mind: why the keychain, why provoke your boss when you KNOW he is a long time mc fan, why advocate outlawing something that poses no real threat to you?

Just prior to this, my report had relayed how the family horses had escaped onto the highway. Police had called and send out a patrol to help round up the herd - TN tax dollars at work! Turns out my report had not latched the gate properly.

Being an occasionally, but not reliably quick thinker, I shot back: "fair is fair. Lets outlaw bikes, especially crotchrockets. But to be fair, all owners of livestock must face not only strict liability for escaping animals, but if an escaped animal damages others property or causes personal injury the owner should be banned from owning livestock for life".

Deer in headlights look. Looooooong pause, then: "well, they scare me anyway. I want them all outlawed".

I think this person's work needs a MUCH more detailed review. Found: Trouble in River City.
maladg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 08:38 AM   #34
maladg
Registered Member

Default Re: Yawn. Another thread filled with rhetoric BS from the power ranger crowd.

"I do not watch cartoons and consequently have no desire to dress like an astronaut when I go for a ride. Why anybody considers it their business and go on to make disparaging comments is beyond me"

Good dx vs. Bad dx in two sentences.

To the both of you: Thx for the laugh!

maladg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 08:57 AM   #35
jkloppie
Registered Member

GEICO gives me a break on my car insurance if I wear a seat belt. Anyone know if this is true if you agree to wear a helmet in states without laws compelling helmet use?
jkloppie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 09:00 AM   #36
Gritboy
Founding Member

Now that's a brilliant concept! Keeps rates down for us full-face lidders, yet leaves those who value freedom over common sense to have their fun in the day until it abruptly ends! All praise the first time a rider goes down and simply does a minor head tap/bounce... if lucky they'll realize it doesn't take much to mush that little noggin.

I'm all for freedom, so long as it doesn't add to societal costs... your choice, but not on my dollar.
Gritboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 09:12 AM   #37
bigdx
Founding Member

Default Re: Yawn. Another thread filled with rhetoric BS from the power ranger crowd.

You're welcome ...
bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 11:34 AM   #38
bigdx
Founding Member

We should consider it as a victory for the m/cyclist who would like to choose for themselves, and a defeat for the richardhead power rangers who feel they have the right to dictate to others.
bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 12:42 PM   #39
ksquid
Banned

Default Jennifer is great, Arnold is too.

Wish she could run for president..but they will have to change the consitution.. then Arnold would run.. But hey both are better than W. At least Arnold is a self made money who knows what deficits do to an economy (one of his economic advisors is W. Buffet)
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 01:38 PM   #40
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Hey, hey! Penile capitus, if you please.