Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 05-31-2006, 04:13 PM   #31
SuperBill
Founding Member

Default You've Come a Long Way, Baby

I was stationed in Maryland in 1974. Back then, the MSP had to drive big, canary-yellow Fords with huge blue gumball machines on the roofs. The good news was that you could see them a mile away, even at night. The bad news was the monster attitude they developed from riding around in those things. Made 'em real cranky when they were writing you up for a busted taillight and a half-dozen open containers.
SuperBill is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-31-2006, 04:46 PM   #32
pudlepirate
Registered Member

Default Re: Oklahoma Highway Patrol .

the va beach pd has a couple, I think it's more to get a little street cred with the local stunters. who really takes a harley seriously when you have the latest bit of triple digit hp tween your legs. the motorcycle cops to look out for are the bmw k's, now they mean business.

I personaly believe there is no trafic infraction that requires a high speed chase. observe from the air set up road blocks, hell drag the bastard out of bed @6am the next morning, with the video survailance they have now they know who you are! Chasing someone is pure macho bullshiit. most people will slow down and drive fine if they think there is no cop behind em. It is far safer to have one idiot on the road then an idiot being chased by 10 cops. at least the idiot has his undivided attention on not wrecking!

The last speeding ticket I got the cop actualy told me he was giving me the ticket because "he allmost got in an accident catching up to me." who's fault is that ? (I was only doin 90 in a 65 and I pulled over as soon as I saw him) obviously his crown vic was much more of a menace to society than my motorcycle, I certainly did not allmost get in an accident.
pudlepirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 05:30 PM   #33
Vlad
Registered Member

There are places in Ok that are very flat with very straight roads. Just knowing that your hot car can't outrun the Busa may be a deterrent. We're not talking about a chase in an area with lots of traffic here.

Vlad
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 05:50 PM   #34
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Only 90? You don't even qualify for the passing lane in AZ with that speed!

BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 06:40 PM   #35
PoppySTS
Founding Member

Default Re: Foreplay

what a ****in hater
PoppySTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 06:59 PM   #36
ratso4744
Founding Member

That's all we need..some jerk cop giving out more tickets. I hate traffic cops..they are the s***** of the earth...
Old 05-31-2006, 07:28 PM   #37
caffine
Registered Member

You mean like "Dukes of Hazzard" type entertainment? Another great use for a rear seat cam.
caffine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 07:35 PM   #38
demanufacture
Founding Member

Traffic cops are dumb.

Almost as dumb as meter maids.

You can't expect such critical thinking from them.
demanufacture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 08:08 PM   #39
Chango
Founding Member

So after he catches up to you, then what? He can't run you off the road if he's on a bike and you're in a car. He can't run you off the road if you're on a bike either without risking serious bodily harm to himself. At 150 he can't call for help unless he's got some kind of super-duper wind cover over his mic, and even then there's a whole lot of engine noise. And if you have more gas than him you'll be able to keep going longer. This thing is pretty much pointless.
Old 05-31-2006, 08:09 PM   #40
Chango
Founding Member

Oh, and there's always every car driver's favorite excuse when an accident occurs involving a motorcycle - "I didn't see him."