Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 05-27-2006, 06:31 PM   #21
schizuki
Founding Member

Default BZZZZT! Sorry, mike nomad!

Per capita income, 1968 - $3,550, or $1.70 per hour. Number of gallons of gas at $.25 per gallon - 6.8.

Per capita income, 2005 - $35,586, or $17.10 per hour. Number of gallons of gas at $2.88 per gallon - 5.94.

Not a real whopping difference. And that extra .86 gallon didn't have to be one of god-knows-how-many different state-specific formulations.

Looks like I'll have to give up a snack cake to make up for this horrifying price increase.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-27-2006, 06:49 PM   #22
eojmo
Founding Member

Default Re: Gas Prices Are Better Than Ever. Not!

The gas prices are better than they should be considering that the US consumes 2/3rds of the worlds energy resourses.Anybody who has visited India and China recently will realise that thier appitite for oil is reaching a crissis point where the worlds oil wells will soon run dry.You can bury your heads in the sand, continue running the huge gas guzzling monstrossities and pretend it won't happen.Its happening now so prepare for the consequenses when the wells runs dry.
eojmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 07:10 PM   #23
schizuki
Founding Member

Aside from the part about the "wells running dry", I agree completely.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 07:24 PM   #24
ksquid
Banned

Default Good link thanks

Does this factor the cost of the Iraq war? Which comes via special appropriation bills..Notice those W record budget deficits are starting to bite look at the increase in interest on the debt.. 19%. "Deficits don't matter " said **** Cheney..."Deficits matter" said Alan Greenspan and 99% of the worlds economists. I am sure W will fix it with another tax break and talk about drilling for oil in Alaska..Which will only net how many barrels of oil? Not enough.. I am a Repubican by the way...(John McCain fan).. I hope McCain runs in 2008 so he can clean up the mess Bush Jr. created.

ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 10:13 PM   #25
conchscooter
Founding Member

Better technology for automobile fuel consumption is widely available around the world,if drivers want better mileage its ther. Were I to find a car that would get the same mileage as my thumper I'd still ride to work. Riding makes the commute fun.
Old 05-28-2006, 01:26 AM   #26
bigdx
Founding Member

Default Re: Excellent Point

The graph you attached proves that are inflation adjusted prices are not higher than before.

I am not going to flatter you by calling you a dumb *******. My the average posterÂ’s rectum is more intelligent than you.

bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 01:31 AM   #27
bigdx
Founding Member

Default Re: I have an idea

Yeah, missile defense is pointless.

Good, clear thinking people like the North Koreans and Iranians would never send a missile our way...

bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 02:09 AM   #28
brandenw
Founding Member

Default Re: BZZZZT! Sorry, mike nomad!

We're all gonna die!

AHHHHH! Panic! Starvation! Malnutrition!

But wait, we're still the biggest generation yet.
brandenw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 02:14 AM   #29
brandenw
Founding Member

Default Re: Good link thanks

No offense, but like I've heard about certain events:

There are a lot of Republicans here, and then there's McCain.

And how did his point on spending for military (which corrected the far exagerrated numbers from post he responded to, and even if the Iraq war costs that much) become a place for people to whine about Iraq? Why don't we stick to what is actually being discussed in the thread.
brandenw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 03:19 AM   #30
maladg
Registered Member

Relating anything to minimum wage is dumb as a sack of hammers. Minimum wage is starter pay for beginners with no marketable skills..

Hey, what an idea! Given another "gem" by Nomad, I'm going to make a new speedo for Brit bikes with measuring units of Furlongs Per Fortnight.

Sorry, Nomad. Keep the dunce cap on.
maladg is offline   Reply With Quote