Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Misc News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/)
-   -   'Balanced Editoral on Helmets', says KSquid. (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/3613-balanced-editoral-helmets-says-ksquid.html)

mn0024 05-24-2006 01:10 PM

Re: 'Balanced Editoral on Helmets', says KSquid.

I agree completely with your statement. The only issue I have, is when they crash and don't die. Then they sit around for the next 20 or 30 years and live on the public dole because their disabled. I'm not taking a shot at the disabled community, but I don't have much compassion for those that are disable because of their own stupidity.

seruzawa 05-24-2006 01:30 PM

Re: #2.

I bet he expects that he get far more paid out to him in Social Security benefits than he pays in too. And he expects that Medicare (meaning other people) pick up his medical costs when he's old and no longer working.

I propose that anyone who ever ate at McDonalds be denied any taxpayer funded medical care, period.

This is fun. I bet we can deny everyone medical care because they are doing something "unhealthy" and/or "dangerous".

seruzawa 05-24-2006 01:38 PM

I agree. But we shouldn't stop there. How about we stop all motorcyclists from wearing helmets because they are all so stupid that they are doing something as dangerous as riding a motorcycle.

Especially this applies to people who ride motorcycles that can travel at speeds over 150mph. Obviously such people are so incredibly stupid that they should be killed off to save society.

ksquid 05-24-2006 02:05 PM

that's why you are into marketing Buz

ksquid 05-24-2006 02:12 PM

Not surprised

I am not suprised you only wear a half head...Being a Red Stater you probably were your town's poster child for no child left behind hugh.. Well the statistics say Most impacts to head injury accident are to the face and frontal part of the skull... So you must not like your face huh? See Proficient Motorcycle Riding book for the exact numbers.

ksquid 05-24-2006 02:13 PM

Re: to helmet or not?

half a dim wit...you are..

ksquid 05-24-2006 02:30 PM

Re: High point

but remember I am the Bruce Lee of MO... he slaps my face I kick his ass...

gear_head 05-24-2006 02:57 PM

What??? You ride?

bigdx 05-24-2006 03:59 PM

"Funny how things don't always go how you figure 'em..."

Funny when I do not ride like a c*ck sucking reprobate ricer faggot (are there any other kind?), when I refrain from speeding, when I refrain from charging round blind corners, when I keep within my own limits, things ALWAYS go as I figure them. I have not wrecked in 15 years Â… hahahaha funny no?

Brent_Meeker 05-24-2006 04:00 PM

Four people died last over the last week trying to climb Mt Everest. Does that mean there should be a law against it. That's implicit in Police Capt Knipes statement, "I feel pretty confident in saying that if we had a helmet law down here, the number (of deaths) we had in the city would have been reduced." So what. Deaths would have been reduced if everybody had eaten salad instead of Big Macs.

In the pro- and con- there was no mention of the rationale for requiring insurance. It is commonly argued that riders without helmets reprsent a cost risk society since they may require public assistance after being injured. But there are no statistical studies supporting that. Riders without helmets are more likely to be killed and hence NOT require any public assistance.