Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 05-25-2006, 04:06 PM   #51
daithi
Founding Member

Default Re: Keep Me Off Ebay!

I agree with this, though I always loved the early edition Suzi GT380 and 550`s. Just loved the first color schemes. My absolute fave `oldie` is the original Mach IV H2 Kawa 750..circa 1972..in blue of course....Would love to own one...next up would be a Kawi HIB 500....best of all the 500`s...great color scheme and electronic ignition and disc brake. By the way, for some reason, the 500`s sounded better than the 750. Anybody else noticed this. I currently own a 1982 Yamaha Seca 750 in red, which i love. No maintainance issues eithir !!!!! Also love my `86 mint FJ1200.
daithi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-26-2006, 07:32 AM   #52
pplassm
Founding Member

There's one on Craigslist in DC. Looks good, too.
Old 05-26-2006, 10:17 AM   #53
SRMark
Founding Member

Not a bad looker, that one. I REALLY like the '70 R5, purple/white.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 07:16 PM   #54
Holy_Kaw
Founding Member

If you get the RD you'll be thinking "Man I shoulda got the CBX". If you get the CBX you'll thinking "Man I shoulda got the RD"... Get the Suzook if you want if/when it comes out too! Isn't it kind of shocking looking at the tire sizes on the old bikes?
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 03:33 PM   #55
nolaandy
Founding Member

I can see the allure of older bikes. Nostalgia is good stalgia. But having owned most of the "dream bikes" mentioned above when they were either new or only a year or two old, give me moder bikes anytime. There is the cruise factor. I know a bunch of guys who own old bikes just for cruise nights, including a friend of mine who still has my Honda CB-400F. They just aren't the greatest bikes.

I know guys with old cars. Same thing. I have a friend who is a Mopar nut. He has 18 Mopar muscle cars from the mid '60s to the early '70s. Every one is an unrestored low-mileage original that he bought during the gas crises of the early '70s. Have you driven a Hemi Road Runner lately? I have. A Hemi Cuda and a 440 GTX also. Dreadful, really dreadful. The brakes stink, the handling is scary, etc.
nolaandy is offline   Reply With Quote