Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 05-13-2006, 06:36 PM   #51
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: Farewell to Those Motorcycle Days.

Marrying one of my ex-wives so I don't have to pay alimony.

Yes I really do hate the *****es that much.

BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-13-2006, 07:00 PM   #52
wesleyelmo
Founding Member

So 3 weeks ago i was riding through an intersection in SF and this drunk lady in a car made a left and didn't see me...I tried to get around her by gunning it and she clipped me in the back of the bike and spun me around facing back at traffic...kept the bike up...unhurt...minimal damage. 3 days later....getting ready to go out on a date...jump in the shower and as I get out I slip and fall landing on the edge of the tub and break my sacrum bone....and I am only 37. Would I sell my bike because of a close call...no way. But I did get some of those sticky flowers for the bottom of my tub.
wesleyelmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 07:10 PM   #53
bigdx
Founding Member

I'll take the experimental drug testing ... I'll test some non experimental ones too.
bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 07:13 PM   #54
bigdx
Founding Member

Default LOL

Old 05-13-2006, 07:16 PM   #55
bigdx
Founding Member

"Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,"

keep your homo literature to yourself ...
Old 05-13-2006, 07:21 PM   #56
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

I've pretty much "tested" all of them. Let me know so I can save you any needless duplication.
Old 05-13-2006, 07:23 PM   #57
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Please follow my example. See earlier post.
Old 05-13-2006, 07:53 PM   #58
gas_pig
Founding Member

Cool cheat site, I'll add that next to my bookmarks right next to tinyurl.com
Old 05-13-2006, 07:55 PM   #59
gas_pig
Founding Member

I hope it doesn't have vinyl seats.
Old 05-13-2006, 09:10 PM   #60
rmdower
Founding Member

Spare me! What a Momma's boy. There is a whole field out there called risk management. Yes, motorcycleing is inherently risky, but the risks can be managed. Obviously skills, training, and atitude are at the top of he list. Add to that quality protective gear, and avoid mental impairment while operating heavy machinery.

I know this is the type of comment the can start a flame war, but many HD riders ignore an awful lot of more common sense risk management techniques. While sportbike riders often push he envelope on their skills. That's what makes it a sport.

Regardless, this guy should just crawl into his coffin cause he is already half dead. I hada congenital heart problem i had to deal with. I have had my fair share of scapes, bruises, and road rash. However, every experience. and everyday of riding, just helps me manage the risk of riding better. The key is to always go back to all those techniques they teach in MSF. It works for a reason.

On the oherhand, one of he biggest mapr problems out there is the weekend HD riders who go bar to bar. I got stopped by a City of Orange motorcyle cop who was waiting for drunk HD weekend warriors coming out of Santiago Canyon. I got another speeding ticked, but we had a good talk, and he explained the problem with the people driving drunk on cruisers.

He realized that I was operaing my vehicle safely at my peak speed of 69 mph in a 50 mph zone, but he was doing zero tolerance, and gave me 64 mph to keep the price down.

I hold them mo ill will, they are doing there job trying to make the streets safer for everyone.

As some of you know, I recently moved o Portland, OR. Regardless of how many times I have been pulled over on a bike, the police always handled themselves in a professional manner, and I only received a ticket 1 out 5 times I got pulled over with litle more than a slow down. It helps being white, forty, and in the proper socio-economic bracket.

I always ride wih proper gear, I try to stay within reasonable range of speed, and I never put anyone else at risk.

rmdower is offline   Reply With Quote