Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 05-15-2006, 09:34 AM   #131
bigdx
Founding Member

Default Re: New Law Spells Doom for Custom Builders.

1 Custom bikes are based on HD or other factory engines, so your point is mostly irrelevant. Rev tech, S&S can just copy HD like they already do.

Copy all you want, that will not help at all. There is no such thing as an EPA complaint motor. A complete motor package (fuel delivery, motor and exhaust) can be tuned to be compliant. That tuning, and subsequent testing is expensive. This favors high volume cookie cutter production environments but eliminates all custom one-of-a- kind builders. (I am not going to bother explaining the dynamics of cost benefits of high volume production)

2 I was referring to any NEW standards...duh

HD will meet any new EPA standard as easily as any other modern production facility. They are not custom one-of-a-kind builders.

3 As a trained and educated health car professional and retired air quality toxicologist, i know more than you do

So you are a health car? That is interesting.

4 You meant breathe, not breath? Instead of trying to be a smart ass, how ‘bout engaging in intelligent discussion...if you are able.

I meant breathe Â… you meant "health care"?

bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-16-2006, 01:26 AM   #132
dingling
Founding Member

Default Re: New law spells doom for custom builders

America is currently kidnapping innocent foreign nationals, sending them to illegal black prisons and having them tortured. It doesn't get any more fascist than that. The entire planet has condemned these behaviors. Also remember who armed and trained Osama Bin Laden and gave him Stinger anti-aircraft missiles--Ronald Reagan. And remember those photos of a smiling and happy Donald Rumsfeld while selling weapons to Saddam Hussein?

My dogs have more brains than you and are probably better behaved. They have the good sense not to give weapons to crazy people. Gee, but I feel so alienated. There are 6.2 billion people on the planet and about 5.5 billion of them hate America. I guess I'm a lone voice in the wildernaess. And many of my friends have left. Because they were smart enough to see what is happening. You watch FOX News, don't you.
dingling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 01:30 AM   #133
dingling
Founding Member

Default Re: Typical

I could send longer ones but you wouldn't understand them. You see I would use historical facts and polysyllabic words. I do not think you could handle that. And where I live it is now be kind to dumb animals week. So I will leave you alone. Why not turn off your TV and buy a book? If you want a reading list I can send you one. You can read?
Old 05-16-2006, 01:34 AM   #134
dingling
Founding Member

A typicaly ignorant racist remark. I would expect no less from a nation of illiterates. Have you ever been to China? Nice people. Crappy govt. Great food. Nothing like the stuff served in America.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:45 AM   #135
dingling
Founding Member

And started the Ku Klux Klan, which formerly had 4 million of the American population as members around 1920 . Has illegally bombed more countries than any other country. Armed and trained more psychotic dictators than any other country. And some of your space endeavors have been disasters. Like the Columbia launch that blew up due to an "o" ring. And what a military track record. Lost in Vietnam. Lost in Korea. Stumped by Grenada (please read accounts of that disaster). Made to look like fools while invading Panama. Losing in Iraq. The Dept. of Defense has lost 4 to 5 trillion dollars due to their inherent skills. Yes, you are pretty much retards. And you do not have the greatest "percentage" of Nobel Prize winners. Just the most due to the size of the country. Learn your facts. But don't believe me. Just look at your govt. THEY are the smart ones.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:53 AM   #136
maxriderdon
Founding Member

"you are one ignorant SOB"

Classic!

LOL! WoW! I guess that was "intellectually" stimulating for you.

Forget my opinion and yours. Look at a dyno of a Revo vs. the TC. The Revo makes more "power" the TC makes more torque, period. That's the FACTS!

Now if your V-Max wannabe doesn't run right take it back and get it fixed, and stop your complaining. Guess you should have bought the "Real Thing" I use to own a V-max, bonestock it ran flawlessly idle to redline and didn't need any bigbore kits. LOL!

Oh, and if I mispelled any words for you, oh well maybe somehow you can still interpret.
Old 05-16-2006, 02:44 AM   #137
bigdx
Founding Member

"The Revo makes more "power" the TC makes more torque, period. That's the FACTS!"

Actually no, the Revolution makes more torque than the TC.

Old 05-16-2006, 03:12 AM   #138
bigdx
Founding Member

Default BTW

In the early eighties a close friend owned a V-Max (I had a GSXR11 at the time).

My friend had to make use of a Dynojet jet kit to remove an annoying surging when cruising. The jet kit also improved throttle response.

I recall that while the V-Max was strong, it was no match for the GSXR which would leave it for dead on a straight line. The V-max handled very badly and was nothing other than "an accident waiting to happen at elevated speeds". Going on and off throttle during high speeds sweeps was Â… interesting.

Even on short ride the Max would also suffer from brake fade that we would be required to stop to let them cool off. It guzzled gas at an alarming rate and my friend replaced clutch plates almost as frequently as his oil.

Oh, it wasnÂ’t really comfortable either and two up riding affected the handling quite a bit. (which was lethally bad to start with)

Not a motorcycle that I would consider good at any rate. Like you, I would also not consider a big bore kit on a v-max. A new frame with decent suspension would be the way to go.

Old 05-16-2006, 06:06 AM   #139
maxriderdon
Founding Member

So...which are you complaining about then, the Revo's power, torque, or a poor throttle response???? or what??? So are you now saying the Revo IS actually better than your TC or sporster???? Or maybe you just wanna fuss, call someone a SOB, drink a beer, ride in HD parade. What is it now? Your better than the comedy channel. Thanks for the entertainment. LOL!

Old 05-16-2006, 06:25 AM   #140
maxriderdon
Founding Member

Default Re: BTW

I'll help clear the facts for you:

V-max came out in 85, was never intended to be a "Sport bike" it's design was and is a true "Muscle Bike" big difference.

The V-Rod is also NOT a "Sport Bike" will get left for dead in both a straight line or curves by any real "Sport Bike".

"My friend had to make use of a Dynojet jet kit to remove an annoying surging when cruising. The jet kit also improved throttle response."

I can't speak for your friends bike, mine was a 2K model, bone stock, and ran like a raped ape. Leaving hopped up extremely loud TC's like they were sitting still was a never ending pleasure.

Yamaha never addressed the high speed wobble(Bad Yamaha!!!) but for the most park it was an easy fix. This was THE only problem I had with it. Corbin seats were/are available. I've put aftermaket seats on every bike I have owned, and seems a popular choice last I checked.