Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 05-14-2006, 03:30 PM   #121
bigdx
Founding Member

Default Re: New Law Spells Doom for Custom Builders.

Wow, yet another fine demonstration of stupidity Â…

"You HD guys actually think that's a real power gain. LOL What a joke."

No, the power output remains essentially the same, but remapping the fuel delivery does remove annoying surging and/or the odd flat spot. I have used them HDÂ’s and Japanese bikes for said purpose over the period of many years. Before fuel injection became common, I used Dynojet jet kits on all my bikes.

"Huh? What happened to the Porsche, how does it compete with your Sportsters, and TC's. "

Ok, letÂ’s try reading this part again Â…

"Twin cam and Sportster motors achieve the same emission levels as Revolution motors, and out the box have a more crisp and linear throttle response. (I know, I own all three)"

Now try find the word "Revolution". Tip - it is the 12 word in the sentence. Got it? Ok, stay with me now. The V-rod motor is called the Revolution! Got it? Yes? Good. YouÂ’re getting there grasshopper.

The stock twin cam motor has a better response and smoother power curve than the Revolution. Why do I say so? I ride both a TC and a StreetRod (the R version of the V-Rod).

"I'll ride the V-Rod,"

Please donÂ’t. A cvnt like you shouldnÂ’t be riding a Harley.

"Oh wait, you probably think since you cut your exhaust off and it's louder, that your TC will outperform"

My exhausts are unmodified and stock on all my bikes. Not sure how to respond as you seemingly failed to finish the sentence.

"Once again, at least you got your user mane right!"

Not sure what a "user mane" is Â…

Ps. You sound like you are intoxicated. Please do us all a favor and refrain from operation a motor vehicle tonight

bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-14-2006, 04:23 PM   #122
schizuki
Founding Member

Check out Old Orchard Beach in Maine. Plenty of young hardbodies on the backs of Gixxers. I'm sure there's plenty in Cali, too.

The best the Harley crowd can do is that chicken-skinned, weatherbeaten Michelle Smith. Ugh.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 04:27 PM   #123
schizuki
Founding Member

I don't hate Harleys. I think a Sportster would be a great backroad-cruising bike. Love to get one. I hate loud, obnoxious Harleys. And while your technical explanation is true to a degree (which is why P-51s and Ducatis sound good), it goes out the window when you're talking about shotgun-blast straight pipes. Pleasing and soothing? Are you completely out of your mind?

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 04:41 PM   #124
Kevin_Williams
Registered Member

Noise was a metphor. Read the whole thread you little spelling bee you.
Kevin_Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 06:19 PM   #125
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: New law spells doom for custom builders

Well I really didn't want to tell him that my name was

Arthur!
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 01:23 AM   #126
maxriderdon
Founding Member

Ok, my bad, I mispelled a couple words(BTW what's a cvnt), and... I forgot the Revo is HD's metric bike V-Max wannabe. Did I spell that right? Still my original stands, the Porsche designed V-Rod (Revo motor) makes much better power right from the factory. Why it's almost as fast as a stock V-Max. Throttle respsonse aside if your revo doesn't perform better than your TC or sportster you need to take it back to HD, you got a serious problem. Oh, and yeah you can dump more $ into your TC and make it perform as well as the smaller revo motor but then it will not be as relilable. All this backs up what I have already previously said. Sorry for the mispelled words. Get over it. Oh let me help you with...

User Name = Bigdx...You got that part right. Now go play with your spelling bee book.
Old 05-15-2006, 08:10 AM   #127
oldtim
Founding Member

My cognitive abilities are fine; yours however are questionable.

1 Custom bikes are based on HD or other factory engines, so your point is mostly irrelevant. Rev tech, S&S can just copy HD like they already do.

2 I was referring to any NEW standards...duh

3 As a trained and educated health car professional and retired air quality toxicologist, i know more than you do

4 You meant breathe, not breath? Instead of trying to be a smart ass, how ‘bout engaging in intelligent discussion...if you are able.

oldtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 08:18 AM   #128
oldtim
Founding Member

Once again an irrelevant question. Emissions standards for petroleum based combustion engines should be beloved by any half way intelligent person who is at all educated about the issues involved. You know: human health, the environment, combustion chemistry. Geeze folks, a dog has enough sense not to foul it's own bed. We only have one earth and the sort of ignorance displayed herein is why we are heading for read disaster if we do not get a handle on how we interact with the planet and it's environment. Quit listening to OÂ’Reilly and Limberger and try studying.
oldtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 09:10 AM   #129
bigdx
Founding Member

"I forgot the Revo is HD's metric bike V-Max wannabe"

Sure, Harley models its bikes after ricers.

"V-Rod (Revo motor) makes much better power right from the factory."

Actually it doesnÂ’t. The TC motor is much more tractable and a much nicer ride. I use the rod for touring only.

"Why it's almost as fast as a stock V-Max"

Wow, fancy that. I guess all the Harley riders will be scrambling to sell their bikes and buy maxes?

"Throttle resp[s]onse aside if your revo doesn't perform better than your TC or sportster you need to take it back to HD, you got a serious problem"

Nope, the TC performs way better at the rpms I ride at.

"Oh, and yeah you can dump more $ into your TC and make it perform as well as the smaller revo motor but then it will not be as reli[a][l]able"

Don't have to, it makes better power already. The Rod is getting a 1550 kit come fall to increase its bottom end power.

"Sorry for the mis[s]pelled words"

No problem, I realize you are intellectually challenged.

"All this backs up what I have already previously said."

agreed, you are one ignorant SOB

Old 05-15-2006, 09:11 AM   #130
bigdx
Founding Member

"The best the Harley crowd can do is that chicken-skinned, weatherbeaten Michelle Smith. Ugh. "

I rest my case ...