Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 05-13-2006, 06:41 PM   #101
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: New law spells doom for custom builders

"I'm still trying to figure out how Bush can be too stupid to be president and also be an evil genius"

Apparently he's an oxy-moron.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-13-2006, 06:44 PM   #102
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: New Law Spells Doom for Custom Builders.

Not in Kalifornia!
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 08:10 PM   #103
schizuki
Founding Member

"When it comes to loud exhausts, Harley riders are 99% of the offenders."

"Really? 99% you say? Sounds like the type of "fact" that K-Hole usually comes up with"

I'm sorry, let me amend that...

99% of the obnoxiously loud a-holes that ride past my street are on Harleys.

(that's actually not true. It's 100%. But I figured there must be some other riders somewhere being obnoxiously loud in something other than Harleys, so I knocked it down 1%. Sorry, bigdx, but that is a "fact".)

Oh, I've heard the occasional Ducati on the road with performance (not straight) pipes. Sounded quite pleasant and full-bodied, like a P-51 Mustang - not the ragged, sharp, ugly, ear-piercing shotgun blasts of a Harley.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 12:21 AM   #104
maxriderdon
Founding Member

1st I don't believe emission control deters performance as much as it used to. Better FI, and computers make for a cleaner, more efficient burn already some of that actually making more power.

2nd, here's a question for you:

Do you or any of you family have any chronic respitory problems? If so you should be able to understand the need for clean air.

3rd. Check this wise saying from an MC mechanic.

"If you want serious power from your machine, buy it already designed in from the factory"

To paraphrase that, quit buying dumb designs if you want great power.

Taking a dumb design and trying to twist it around to something it's not just means lots of $ spent and a less reliable motor for slightly more power.

Hd and the rest can make better motors. Look what happened when they let Porche design them a smaller but better designed motor, a lot more power, while keeping emissions down, all out of a smaller package.

Yamaha makes a V-4 making fatastic power, fits in a cruiser, or muscle bike, and outlast the old tractor motors so many insist on riding.

I get the feeling many are just upset they want be able to make any level of noise they think they have a right to make without getting a fine, a noise which only simulates power, doesn't make it. Once again, all about image.
Old 05-14-2006, 01:54 AM   #105
dingling
Founding Member

I notice you used a classic american argument. Not one fact, all image and bull*****. You are a classic example of why I left America some 10 years ago. You sound like a Bush or Reagan supporter. Two shining examples of the American intellect. A country where 1 in 4 is diagnosably mentally ill. By your own mediacl community's admission.
dingling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 01:59 AM   #106
dingling
Founding Member

IIt's from a chinese term. I wouldn't expect you to know that. Gee, why is it that nationwide in America 50% of all children read at a substandard level andf 1 in 6 now has a learning disability? And America, which has 4% fo the global population, takes more antipsychotic and legal mood altering drugs than the entire world put together?

Hey, and a great job the "mightiest military" in the wotrld is doing. CAn't even take Iraq.
dingling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 04:06 AM   #107
bigdx
Founding Member

"I don't believe emission control deters performance as much as it used to. "

Let me guess, you find he high sales numbers of devices like the Dynojet Powecommander and V&H Fuelpak somewhat confusing.

"Do you or any of you family have any chronic respitory problems? If so you should be able to understand the need for clean air."

So what impact does motorcycles have on total air pollution? 1% maybe? Should we not attempt to get industries that cause the bulk of air pollution to clean up their act first?

"Hd and the rest can make better motors. Look what happened when they let Por[s]che design them a smaller but better designed motor, a lot more power, while keeping emissions down, all out of a smaller package."

Wrong on two counts.

1. Twin cam and Sportster motors achieve the same emission levels as Revolution motors, and out the box have a more crisp and linear throttle response. (I know, I own all three)

2. A remapped fuel delivery and ignition module will improve the response of a stock Revolution, every Japanese and Italian motorcycle engine in production today.

I suggest you do some research before posting your "facts"

"Yamaha makes a V-4 making fa[n]tastic power, fits in a cruiser, or muscle bike, and outlast the old tractor motors so many insist on riding."

Yeah, which is why I see no V-maxÂ’s on the road as of late, but frequently see 20 plus year old shovelhead Harleys riding around Â….

"I get the feeling many are just upset they want be able to make any level of noise they think they have a right to make without getting a fine, a noise which only simulates power, doesn't make it.

You get feelings like that when you speak through your ass Â…

bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 04:38 AM   #108
bigdx
Founding Member

"99% of the obnoxiously loud a-holes that ride past my street are on Harleys."

Mmm so much "Harley only" traffic down your road? That can mean only one thing. Has your wife been walking around, bow legged like a cowboy with a big smile on her face?
bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 06:56 AM   #109
Fenton
Founding Member

"It's from a chinese term"

Hey mister, I work dingling, 5 dollar.

"can't even take Iraq"

Pull the media and we can turn the place to glass. But that wouldn't be PC. We need to respect the people/culture.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 07:13 AM   #110
ddlewis
Registered Member

<blockquote>"I'd personal[l]y welcome noise reduction in the chopper market "

So nobody on a sport bike has a loud pipe? Get real.

IÂ’ll wager you anything, anywhere, anytime, that the average person finds the wail of an I4 much more offensive than the same decibel levels from a V-twin. In fact, a Harley sounds pleasing to the majority of folks. Same cannot be said of ricers Â…</blockquote>

I'm pretty sure he mean "noise" as in "noise to signal". meaning the true custom builders are the signal, and the part assembler/painters are the noise. But don't let that stop you from a good rant..

Also, the pleasant-ness of sound is pretty subjective and I'm pretty sure to most folks loud bikes are just an annoyance regardless of engine config.
ddlewis is offline   Reply With Quote