Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 04-28-2006, 11:27 AM   #21
Neal
Founding Member

Default Re: Help me make a decision....

It looks like youve narrowed it down to the Buell or Monster. They're both great. In my area both the Ducati and Buell dealers let you take test rides. Test ride em and buy the one that feels best. If your dealers wont let you ride, at least sit on em and see how they feel. If you still cant make a decision(i.e.:" I want both!!"),go to the dealers with a stop watch . Look at the bikes; buy the one that gives you a woody quickest. In other words,buy the bike YOU like best...dont listen to us opinionated jerks! Now... if you ask my opinion as a 50 something guy, I think the 800cc monster will meet your needs and your rusty skills perfectly.
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-28-2006, 11:33 AM   #22
Tigercub
Founding Member

All good suggestions here. Also, check out Moto Guzzi and Triumph.

Decide between the Ducati and Buell this way.

Method #1

Get a test ride on a new Harley Sportster 1200R. Then go home and list out separately, why you'd rather own a Ducati or Buell than the Sportster. Compare those two lists to pick the best features between the Duc and Buell.

Method #2.

Buy the Ducati S2R 1000. As you get older you will be less likely to get the Ducati and more likely to get any one of the other bikes mentioned so far. This is not a time to play it safe.

Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 11:35 AM   #23
kdurrell
Founding Member

Well, I used to live in Bethel and went through Gorham weekly so I kind of know the area. I thought the roads were ok, not great, but not so bad as to require a dual sport. I'd go Buell, Bandit 1200s, or ZRX1200R. Whatever you get, go used. The depreciation on motorcycles is unreal...

As far as the laptop goes, bring a backpack. There are some really neat motorcycle specific packs out there, and you've got to bring it inside when you get to your destination anyway.
kdurrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 11:41 AM   #24
brax4444
Registered Member

Stick with the Buells. I carry an Apple laptop in my Timbuk2 without any issues on my XB-12S Lightning.
brax4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 12:37 PM   #25
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Ditto this comment!
Old 04-28-2006, 12:42 PM   #26
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Default Ginger or Mary Ann?

Buy the one that speaks to your heart. Ginger may have been the hottie, but... Mary Ann is the one to come home to every night.
Old 04-28-2006, 01:21 PM   #27
Tigercub
Founding Member

Default Re: Ginger or Mary Ann?

...that's what I was thinking...
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 03:33 PM   #28
12er
Founding Member

Default Re: The WeeStrom rocks...

Sargent makes a seat for it now also.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 04:28 PM   #29
KevDog
Registered Member

Agreeance...I love mine. I bought it new in February and haven't had many good days to ride it here in NJ. I commuted 60 miles round trip the past two days to work. Other than trying to figure out how to hide helmet hair in the corporate office I work in, it left me with a mile wide smile. One of the guys at work, who is living vicariously through me, said he hadn't seen a smile that wide since he looked in the mirror right after the first time he got laid. Go for what you want, but I love my Weestrom.
KevDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 04:46 PM   #30
bebopredux
Registered Member

Default Re: Ginger or Mary Ann?

I always thought "Lovey" was the real tigress. Experience is what it's all about.
bebopredux is offline   Reply With Quote