Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 04-25-2006, 06:24 PM   #51
Fenton
Founding Member

Default Re: Dead Horse, What New Bike?

DD, I'm sure they will put it on the toe tag. Come to think of it, I only have 5 friends, I'd need a 6th to help carry.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-25-2006, 06:25 PM   #52
Fenton
Founding Member

I love twins, the daytona was a bit of a departure.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 02:28 AM   #53
stoney8888
Founding Member

who gives a *****. just ride the thing
stoney8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 03:15 AM   #54
BillyO
Registered Member

Just saw an old Ad. for a 65 Sportster XLCH ridin` up a dirt road.That must be your next bike.

All the bikes you mentioned have a resale value equivalent to an old mule.Buy one new and get raped.

BillyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 05:21 AM   #55
gniewko
Registered Member

No.

At least not for me. Yes, they have different engine configurations and sizes, but that doesn't change the fact that they're all sportbikes and are designed for the same purpose - going fast through turns. If I could have 10 bikes in my garage, those might be on the list. But when you can have only two motorcycles, it makes sense to choose two that serve very different purposes.

The motorcycling spectrum ranges from off-roading to touring to cruising to road racing, to drag racing, etc., etc. Unless you only want to limit yourself to one aspect of motorcycling, I think it makes sense to choose motorcycles that cover different aspects of that spectrum (if you can own more than one bike).

Just as you don't eat the same food every night, it's nice to experience different types of riding. Unless your motorcycling is limited to the same route every weekend and you're happy with that, variety is nice. I commute to work on the dual-sport, and I do track days and take longer trips on the sportbike. In my ideal (yet somewhat reasonable) garage, I would have a Japanese 600cc for track days (probably ZX-6R), an ST1300 for long trips 2-up, a dual-sport for off-road and city riding, and a SpeedTriple for all-purpose posing.

Your list may well be very different (notice that I didn't include any cruisers on mine), but my basic point is that variety is nice. And having a 955i and a 916 definitely isn't variety.
gniewko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 08:35 AM   #56
davidhaner
Founding Member

My friend bought one of these and loves it. His girl likes the back seat too, strangely; it looks about as fun to sit on as a thimble. These things are rockets incidentally.
davidhaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 08:39 AM   #57
davidhaner
Founding Member

No *****, this is motorcycle.com not finda****innanny.com.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:43 AM   #58
davidhaner
Founding Member

Best post by far.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:42 AM   #59
anrajala
Founding Member

HmmmmÂ… How much does it cost, many experts that I have talked to think that it depends which way you are going to do it, to what extent you go, who does the job, which parts you use and other such useless details. All having an effect not only on power but on everyting else too starting from cold start and fuel consumption, and ending up with usability, reliability and longevity. But never mind longride, you know how much it costs and if you are happy with that, I am too.

When I look at my stock fatsie and talk to many enthusiastic if a little wild-eyed tuner people, I realize that we are talking about a myriad of possibilities with a lot of related BS floating around, a substantial visible sacrifice and even more substantial hidden potential for it.

On the other hand, If I look at the competition, ample power is already there in proven products. We are talking about engines that were orginally designed for 100 ponies. And, longride, mark my words: H-D will follow.

To talk about my future Valk and the junk yard is perhaps little premature. Let´s see first if I live long enough to see to which junk yard my -72 H2 Kawi 750 will end up.

- cruiz-euro

anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote