Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 04-22-2006, 02:17 PM   #81
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Excellent Post

You are a complete idiot. Carter, Nixon, Johnson,

Wilson, Pierce......... there were far far worse presidents than Bush. I do not like Bush, but get real.

But then, you're one of those fools who believed Clowntoon's "worst economy in 50 years" bullshyt.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-22-2006, 02:17 PM   #82
ksquid
Banned

Default Enough whining how about some positive alternatives

1. Put a tax on gasoline which reflects the amount of money spent defending Middle East Oil. i.e. reflect the true cost of gas at the pump. Rebate income tax payers accordingly.

2. Provide tax incentives on fuels like biodiesel and methanol.

3. Create tax incentives for hybrid and bio fueled vehicles.

4. Create more productive biofuels. Use the power of the sun photosynthesis to fuel our economy.

5. Investigate big oil break up into smaller companies if antitrust behavior is found..

For more info see biodiesel facts

and biodiesel vs hydrogen: the hydrogen hoax
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 02:20 PM   #83
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: Excellent Post Again in a competive market profit margins stay the same

In a true free market excess profits invite more competition i.e. new players enter the market Take Econ 102 the next semester... on microenomics i.e market behavior. Thus profit margins always settle to a reasonalbe level in a free market.
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 02:29 PM   #84
mjs
Founding Member

Default Re: The Million Can March!

schizuki

I don't know what world you come from but you seem to be out of touch with reality and it appears that you have some issues that need to be dealt with.
mjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 03:18 PM   #85
fastoldman
Founding Member

Default Re: LOL

all right, maybe he's not you. He must be somebody's alter ego, though. Burns? I think Burns is too busy for such foolishness. I hate to say it, kpaul, but you were the obvious choice because you devote so much time to the site.

Perhaps he is not a figment of someone's fevered imagination, but the alternative is really too horrible to contemplate. Imagine ... pencildx - a real, living, breathing, waste of air, american iron riding, latent homosekshul, gun-toting neanderthal! It's really too much for a civilized mind to grasp. For my own sanity, I will just assume that he is somebody's poor idea of a joke, and just ignore the foolishness.
fastoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 03:47 PM   #86
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: Excellent Post

It IS the same. About 10%. That's my point, dolt.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 03:55 PM   #87
bigdx
Founding Member

Default Re: Excellent Post Again in a competive market profit margins stay the same

"In a true free market excess profits invite more competition"

Not always true. You are way too stupid and ignorant for me to explain economics to you, but let me say this.

Entering the oil/gasoline trade is not easy as there are huge entry/startup costs and lots of legal compliance issues. (Airlines are the same) Oil/Gasoline companies are therefore free set their profit margin based on demand. If momma and poppa insist on driving their 2 brats around in 7 seat gas guzzling SUVs, gas prices will keep on climbing.

Only the consumer can change that by reducing their demand for gas by using alternative forms of transport. Look at the PPI and GDP deflator curves for the early 1970Â’s (when the dipwad Carter assmenstruation was in charge, remember?) at http://www.bls.gov/. The GDP deflator clearly shows how consumers started making use of alternatives to force the pricelevels down.
bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 04:00 PM   #88
schizuki
Founding Member

"Uhhh. . .did you flunk math?"

No, but you must have, given this statement:

"Uh, if their MARGIN was the same, they would be making the same profit or less, because volume is the same."

That's some awesome math, there, sparky. Say, do oil companies spend money on stuff like research, capital investment, rebuilding damaged refineries in the Gulf, etc? Or do they just have a big spigot they open up?

"Let's not get into semantics of exorbitancy."

Semantics? If you make a claim that someone's profit is "exhorbitant", then you must have a definition of "exhorbitant", and it must be a definable quantity. Or else "exhorbitant" is simply subjective... ah-HAH!

"Your analogy is severely flawed. Prices of American homes are dictated by what people want to pay. There is no shortage of residences in this country. The same is not true of oil."

No, YOUR statement is flawed. Prices of homes are determined the same way prices for everything else is - supply and demand. Dictated by what people WANT to pay? Uh, OK, I want to pay $500 for a 4800sq home. Do you think I'll find one? Good lord, what a silly statement.

"Thus, big oil can charge whatever it wants "

Sure. They can charge $50 bucks a gallon tomorrow and people will pay it. Right? So why don't they? Aren't they greedy and evil and stuff?

You're not really good at this economic stuff, are you?

"It used to be that the way you ran a business was to make a "fair and honest" profit."

Really? Where did you learn this? Where is this codified? What evidence do you have? The way that successful businesses have ALWAYS been run is to maximize profits. Your statement is utter nonsense. And I'll bet you can't quantify "fair and honest profit", either. Cuz defintions are just "semantics", right?

"This is the age of the robber barons all over again, execpt without all the philanthropy"

Really? So where do all of these foundations get their money?

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
Old 04-22-2006, 04:02 PM   #89
bigdx
Founding Member

Default Re: Enough whining how about some positive alternatives

My god, you have actually posted some sense. Ok, only half it makes any sense but it is a start.

If you left out 4 and 5 I may actually have agreed with your post.
bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 04:05 PM   #90
schizuki
Founding Member

"There can be gouging if you have high demand, adequate supply, and a monopoly controlling prices."

Since there is no monopoly involved, then there is no "gouging".

And raising demand while keeping supply constant raises prices. This is basic economics. We REALLY need to start teaching this in high school.