Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 04-22-2006, 12:48 PM   #61
fastoldman
Founding Member

Default Maladg: I thought I already told you to shut up about

economics. Anyone who references Julian Simon in a positive way is much more dangerous than pretty much anyone else. We do not have petro running out our ears. Ever heard of peak oil? Ever heard of Dr. Marion King Hubbert? Bashing Paul Ehrlich ran out of style along with anyone who has any idea who Paul Ehrlich was (is? who really cares at this point). You're absolutely high to suggest that sands and shale will ever be able to replace cheap oil. Obviously, if cheap oil gets expensive enough, then it will be cheaper to produce sand and shale oil. But then, the cost of the sand and shale oil will be the same it is now: way too ***** expensive. In any case, it will not be good news for any economy, much less ours.

Sorry for the bile, but lovin on Simon is a bit like saying Bill Bennett has anything to teach us about morals. Just because the train hasn't run us down yet doesn't mean that light at the end of the tunnel is Paradise.

I condemn you to a rainy weekend ... oh hell, you can do whatever the ***** you want as long as you quit regurgitating Lowest Common Denominator econ idolatry at us.

Yours in Ludditism,

FOM
fastoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-22-2006, 01:29 PM   #62
ksquid
Banned

Default You are forgetting one important thing and the Apollo program

That is the political cost of oil.. How many troops and ships etc do we have in the middle east? You assume that the cost of oil is only reflected at the pump. But the political cost which gets translated into billions to protect the oil i.e. prop up repressive regimes.. The government can do something about this.. i.e an Energy policy that would be designed to wean us off oil. I know what you are going to say we don't get most of our oil from the ME or that government can't do anything. Well the world market is dominated by ME oil producers so they have the most effect on oil prices.. Well if we can put a man on the moon with a government program we can do this
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 01:44 PM   #63
bigdx
Founding Member

Default Re: Allah M!

Churchill was half American ... some hypocrite no?

BTW, for an American you sure sound like a Canuck. I suspect your helmet is on too tight.
bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 01:49 PM   #64
bigdx
Founding Member

Default LOL

Yep, if we can rid ourselves of f*cking EPA and the rest of the tree huggers we'd be in good shape.
Old 04-22-2006, 02:04 PM   #65
fastoldman
Founding Member

Default Re: You are forgetting one important thing and the Apollo program

All true. I just have gotten so cynical about the ability of gov't to accomplish anything other than steal from the poor to benefit the rich that I no longer trust them to do such a thing, and *gasp* I almost think the free market can do a better job than gov't. As a bleeding heart liberal, that last sentence hurts me to write, but I sincerely believe that until we see a huge change in political leadership it is a true statement.
Old 04-22-2006, 02:11 PM   #66
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: Jesus H!

Pay no attention to kpaul's little brother fastoldman. I agree with your solution of voting for anybody but a republicrat. A polyglot government of all of our so called third parties would be an improvement over the kleptocracy we now "enjoy". Hell you could go to anytown USA and randomly select 600 new people every couple of years, replace every politician in DC with them and we would be far better off.
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 02:13 PM   #67
fastoldman
Founding Member

Dude, WTF? Hypocrite? He was complimenting the USA. My helmet is too tight? You run out of homophobic insults? Allah M? Is that supposed to be a reference we could understand? I love the good ol' USA as much as anyone, I'm just not a card-carrying moron like people who allegedly only ride 'American Iron'. As if anyone believed you actually ride a bike, or at least one with an engine. One of those little bmx jobs with the stunt pegs front and rear, like all good mullet-havin' dirtheads ride, no matter which craptastic little town in America one visits? That I can see you on. Do you have the little "I wish I could grow a real mustache" on your upper lip, too?

Old 04-22-2006, 02:15 PM   #68
bigdx
Founding Member

Default Re: Excellent Post Again in a competive market profit margins stay the same

"If the cost of oil was increasing and the cost of making gasoline was increasing and sale of gasoline was increasing in a competive market profit margins would stay the same."

BS (as is the norm for your posts) ... profit margins in a competitive invironment are determined by demand.
Old 04-22-2006, 02:16 PM   #69
fastoldman
Founding Member

Default Re: Jesus H!

No kidding. My dad thought anybody who wanted to be president should be excluded due to insanity; I agree with the idea of just picking people at random, maybe with a lottery. It simply could not be worse than what we have now, and have had for at least my lifetime.
Old 04-22-2006, 02:19 PM   #70
bigdx
Founding Member

"Do you have the little "I wish I could grow a real mustache" on your upper lip, too?"

Nah, but I shave my Dong and sack as your wife likes the feel of stubble on her cheeks when she blows me.