Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Misc News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/)
-   -   The Million Can March! (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/3520-million-can-march.html)

adamjayp 04-22-2006 05:16 AM

Re: The Million Can March!

" interest rates increasing"

Interest rates INCREASE while the economy INCREASES. Thusly, if the economy is doing good, interest rates are HIGH. This is FACT. Check into it, you used Greenspan in your example to look smart, but you can't use facts out of context. Yes interest rates are going up, this is a good thing, not a bad thing.

Anyway, lemme see if I get this right, what your saying is: the economy is doing good, we should be concerned. ... ... I'm not sure this makes much sense, but okay, whatever makes you happier. ;)

sarnali 04-22-2006 06:06 AM

Re: HEY !!

I already do that I does that mean I win??

I ride my bike almost everywhere too. Know what's even funnier? when I knocked a punch through the plug in my 80dba HD "Touring" mufflers the gas milage went up.....

Loud Pipes Save Gas .......who'd a thunk?

sarnali 04-22-2006 06:10 AM

F**K YEAH START THE REVOLUTION....KILL THE RICH.....err, wait a minute....KILL THE ONES THAT ARE RICHER THAN ME.....yeah that's it..

schizuki 04-22-2006 06:59 AM

"why are the oil companies posting exorbitant RECORD profits?"

Because they're HUGE companies. Their profit MARGIN is around 10%. Hardly exorbitant for any company.

BTW, the real-estate boom has given millions of ordinary Americans a 50-100% per year profit on their homes the past five years. I don't hear anybody saying that's exorbitant.

BTW, can you define "exorbitant" profits? What's the cut-off margin?

schizuki 04-22-2006 07:01 AM

"arm-in-arm singing 'kumbaya' together?"

ARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!

schizuki 04-22-2006 07:05 AM

"if they think they are being gouged. It certainly looks like we are."

"Gouging" = high demand, low supply. Free Market Economics 101.

"Price controls" = scarcity.

You want $4.00 gas, or $2.00 gas but empty pumps?

schizuki 04-22-2006 07:07 AM

The definition of "rich" is "somebody with more money than me."

EVERY person posting on the Internet is rich by world standards. But some are also spoiled and jealous.

schizuki 04-22-2006 07:09 AM

"We'll see, but so far the signal people are sending is that prices can go higher and the oil companies are going to see what the traffic can bear."

Which makes them different from any other company in what way?

And how does that make them different from homeowners who charge what the market will bear, and have been raking in profit margins the past few years that the oil companies can only dream of?

ofreen 04-22-2006 07:24 AM

There can be gouging if you have high demand, adequate supply, and a monopoly controlling prices. I don't suggest government price controls, but it would be great if the government enforced its own anti-trust laws. Capitalism works when there is competition. If you think competition isn't being stifled, you are not paying attention.

I said nothing about killing the rich, or even causing them any great discomfort. However, the majority of the rich are not contributing anywhere near what their compensation would indicate. That is also counter to what make capitalism work the way it is supposed to.

m_t_yeo 04-22-2006 07:30 AM

LOL. You nailed it.

60K USD puts a person in the top 1% of wage earners world-wide and half the world lives on less than 2 USD a day.