Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 04-15-2006, 08:57 AM   #1
emiles
Registered Member

Default Re: MC Game Actually Worth Buying

I like lara better since she rides a Duc nowadays (999 and Monster)

http://www.ducatimonster.org/smf/ind...c,45275.0.html

Oh .. first post
George W. Bush
emiles is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-15-2006, 09:13 AM   #2
acecycleins
Founding Member

On the bike selection: Some of what I've read and seen makes it appear as if some of the bikes are "old school" sportbikes (if there is such a thing). I just though I noticed an old GSX Katana model in there somewhere. Anyway, I'd buy it or better yet Father's Day isn't far.

Old 04-15-2006, 10:52 AM   #3
DannyZRC
Founding Member

rented it, kicks butt.

no dirt mode to analog the rally driving in GT, a let down for me but hopefully something that will improve if the franchise is succesful.

low speed handling of the bikes is modeled abysmally badly, but I'm ok with that since real bikes transition between handling modes at low and high speed.

high speed handling is very well detailed and the game transmits a TON of feel to the rider about the track surface, it's very impressive (when played from the ****pit perspective)

can't reccomend it highly enough, I'll be buying this copy from my rental purveyor =D.
DannyZRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 11:32 AM   #4
nkaliste
Registered Member

i've been playing it a lot, and it's fun. there are a lot of older bikes. the selection is large and varied overall.

there are never very many bikes on the track at once, though- that's really the only problem with the game, imo. You get four riders including the player in races, and three in challenges.
win a challenge, keep the bike you rode in that challenge. so, there's no money in the game at all, and only limited upgrades available. street bikes generally have exhaust and tire upgrades that can be fitted, and they come with the bike when you win it.</p>

winning races unlocks special bikes and licensed apparel. there are a LOT of jackets, helmets, gloves, racing suits, etc to be unlocked. you can set up 4 (iirc) sets of clothes to select from- two for street, two for track. you can also set up different riding style profiles that will control how your rider leans into turns and generally handles the bike. i haven't gotten too tweaky with the riding styles yet, but there appears to be a great range of adjustability, and there are a couple of presets to try out.
graphics are very nice in one player mode. it uses the gran turismo 4 engine, so if you've seen that you know what to expect. it's impressive- i'd say the quality of the visuals is an upgrade over gt4. the bike models are extremely detailed. 2 player split screen races bring a fairly large drop in visual quality, but at least the frame rate stays as steady as the single player mode. it looks like you've suddenly switched to gt3.</p>

Tourist Trophy also shares gt4's 1080i support, though i don't have access to a 1080i display to test this feature myself.</p>

you can also save snapshots from your replays. these pictures can be saved to USB flash dirves as JPEG files and then transferred to computers. for printing, or whatever. i've uploaded a few from one race to flickr. click the badge to check them out . . . .</p>

.zg_div {margin:0px 5px 5px 0px; width:117px;}
.zg_div_inner {border: solid 1px #000000; background-color:#ffffff; color:#666666; text-align:center; font-family:arial, helvetica; font-size:11px;}
.zg_div a, .zg_div a:hover, .zg_div a:visited {color:#3993ff; background:inherit !important; text-decoration:none !important;}

zg_insert_badge = function() {
var zg_bg_color = 'ffffff';
var zgi_url = 'http://www.flickr.com/apps/badge/badge_iframe.gne?zg_bg_color='+zg_bg_color+'&zg_pe rson_id=28428900%40N00&zg_set_id=72057594107906996 &zg_context=in%2Fset-72057594107906996%2F';
document.write('');
if (document.getElementById) document.write('<a href="http://www.flickr.com/badge_new.gne">what is this?');
}
zg_toggleWhat = function() {
document.getElementById('zg_whatdiv').style.displa y = (document.getElementById('zg_whatdiv').style.displ ay != 'none') ? 'none' : 'block';
document.getElementById('zg_whatlink').style.displ ay = (document.getElementById('zg_whatdiv').style.displ ay != 'none') ? 'none' : 'block';
return false;
}

www.flickr.com

zg_insert_badge();
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Tourist Trophy. Make your own badge here.
if (document.getElementById) document.getElementById('zg_whatdiv').style.displa y = 'none';

nkaliste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 11:35 AM   #5
nkaliste
Registered Member

D'OH! the flickr badge worked liek a charm in the preview of the post. oh well, here's the plain link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28428900@N00/
nkaliste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 01:57 PM   #6
SmokeU
Registered Member

720p looks better than 1080i.

blah! I don't have a PS2, I have an Xbox and an Xbox 360 so I'm hoping for something on the 360.
Old 04-15-2006, 03:52 PM   #7
Hurahn
Founding Member

MotoGP 06 is coming in June I believe.
Hurahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 08:39 AM   #8
devildog_jim
Registered Member

Bought it, played it, can't put it down.

Not only can you change your suspension setup and gearing, you can also alter your riding style. Want to hang off like a hero? You can do that. Toss it around like a Motard champ? You can do that too.

Beat an R6 with an FZR 400 yesterday. What a rush. Reminds me that I need a track day sometime in my future.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:04 AM   #9
Casey_Daniel
Founding Member

Sucka's I'm about 43% through the game. The hardest challenge I've had so far is the TZ125 Challenge. I got use to riding the powerful bikes I won and then had to adjust to carrying as much speed as possible. Just won the last race.
Casey_Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 11:05 AM   #10
SmokeU
Registered Member

I certainly hope so.