Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 04-11-2006, 05:25 AM   #41
bigdx
Founding Member

Default Re: Bikers versus Motorcyclists

The difference of non-biking folk's perceptions of cruisers vs. sport bike is very apparent.

I cannot think of a single occasion that a non-biker has had anything other than a positive response to the fact that I ride a Harley. I normally ride the back roads and I almost always get a wave or a nod of the head from folks I pass. Whenever I stop for coffee at a diner I always get smiles and often have a friendly conversation with a local.

In all the years that I rode sports bikes (down the very same roads) I never got that sense of goodwill from folks. Any response was normally negative. I have had folks try spray me with a hose as I passed and seen plenty fists waved or pointed fingers at me. Even had the odd cager try and race (and nearly kill) me.

People arenÂ’t stupid. Most have nothing against bikes or bikers, but they do have issue with folks speeding and riding recklessly. Folks are well aware of who rides recklessly and who donÂ’t.

bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-11-2006, 05:34 AM   #42
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

You guys are brutal!
Old 04-11-2006, 05:38 AM   #43
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Simple Solution for the GPTB

And since nobody has actually seen him, rode with him, or associated with him from this site, I'd say that it's questionable as to him even having a motorcycle.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:40 AM   #44
sarnali
Founding Member

I always considered myself a Motorcycle Enthusiast as opposed to a Biker. Though I eat sleep and breathe motorcycles when I think of a biker I think of a 1% or a patch-holder. I'm not interested in that life and I think it's stupid and potentially dangerous to go around trying to act like something you're not, the latest pseudo-tuffy "fear and respect" Kawasaki ad in Cycle World being a case I point. All fun and games till someone loses an eye I suppose.

The reality of that life is a bunch of dead bandido's in Canada and Angels and Outlaws sending their families into hiding and looking over their shoulders wearing bulletproof vests in New Hampshire. F**k that, why would you want to emulate any part of that lifestyle? If you think your tough, go be a mercenary in Iraq and play with the real-deal.

I just like to ride my bike.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 05:42 AM   #45
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Re: U.S . To British Translator

And by the bloody way, this 'rgument is almost completely aahhht of date anyway. there 're only a few remainin' snobs aahhht there, and they aint even real bikers, they 're the bleedin' status riders. the real bikers 're acceptin' rice rockets more na 'cause there 're so many new riders aahhht there and they 're sharin' the same mother's pearly gate ridin' roads, 'angouts, etc. they 're Buster Keaton the people and findin' aahhht just wot the gentleman above said, the bloke under the ridin' gear is a Heap Of Coke loike the George Best, and if 'e/she is Harry Kewell, then 'igh Jack's Alive - pop a Potatoes in the mould wahn. 'ey, would ya Chinese Blind if I take that fin' for a spin? i'm afraid it'll wheelie over though, or i'll flip over the 'andlebars". daan't worry geeza, if the thro-le St. Martins-Le-Grand is connected ter a functional John Wayne, you'll be Calvin Klein.
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 05:48 AM   #46
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Simple Solution for the GPTB

Paying someone is about the only way you're going to get your **** wet.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:51 AM   #47
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Well, I'm guessing there are probably quite a few people on this board who wouldn't mind taking a hose to you...
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 05:52 AM   #48
sarnali
Founding Member

I've always thought it was pretty stupid to hand the cops a legitimate reason to pull you over.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:52 AM   #49
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Default Re: U.S . To British Translator

Ah! Much better!
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 05:58 AM   #50
sarnali
Founding Member

That's 'cause we're bikers, see....you better watch your step mister or we'll punch you right on the nose...that's right...I said right on the nose...you better watch out see... if we see you, why you better hope we're not angry...