Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 04-10-2006, 09:43 PM   #11
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: Bikers versus Motorcyclists

I'm not a biker, I'm a motorcyclist or a rider.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-10-2006, 09:49 PM   #12
schizuki
Founding Member

While I agree with what you say, I think the bikers cause far fewer problems for our image and rights than the loud-pipe numbskulls. Few people see bike gangs in action, and news reports are remote, but everybody is getting eardrum-blasted and woken up by the attention-seekers.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 10:10 PM   #13
BrineUSAF
Founding Member

Don't ride bikes that look like they are from the 50's? So almost everything HD makes... except a few, is unacceptable? Half the HD guys I know couldn't fit on a Duc and would have to go for a Goldwing, or a BMW. I think that is too much of a generalization; what you are saying is everyone should conform to just about racing restriction ( concerning gear ), and no one should ride anything that resembles a "classic bike". Please, I doubt everyone is looking to ride a 'Busa.

MHO , to h*ll with the media. Motorcyclists have had this bad Rep for as long as bikes have been around. You think changing the type of helmet you wear is going to change it now? Bikes are an expression of ourselves. Do you buy a certain pair of shoes because everyone else has them, or do you buy them for their comfort, functionality, personal taste, ect ect. If I feel like riding an old shovelhead w/ chaps then I will. Point being, there are motorcyclists who participate in illegal things while operating an R1/R6. The public is only going to be able to distinguish between the good and the bad by actually talking to us, or knowing us.

I might not drive a Cadillac, but I think my Toyota might just be able to fit as many bodies in it.

BOTTOM LINE: LOOKS CAN BE DECEIVING
BrineUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 11:29 PM   #14
bigdx
Founding Member

I hear you Rossi ... er I mean Fenton
bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 11:32 PM   #15
bigdx
Founding Member

Default Re: Simple Solution for the GPTB

Should I stop f*cking your wife too?
bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 12:18 AM   #16
fl34
Founding Member

What the Hell. Let's talk about the snotty lawyer letter thing! How can they get out from their stigma issues? I have it! Jousting between lawyers and bikers on R-6s', to the death of course. Into the Coliseum with them! On with the show!
fl34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 12:43 AM   #17
stoney8888
Founding Member

I thought the loud pipe numskulls where the bikers. But your probably right, the outlaw bikers don't buy all that pricey "screaming eagle" stuff like the loud pipes.
stoney8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 12:46 AM   #18
stoney8888
Founding Member

Default Re: Simple Solution for the GPTB

I think bigdx just admited to looking like the lost member of village people and he wears arm chaps.

Kpaul I can't believe your wife goes for guys that look like that
stoney8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 01:09 AM   #19
BillyO
Registered Member

Seems as though we have here a general dislike of all things Harley here.

Seems as though the Japanese manufacturers

are in love w/ BIKERS TOO.

Look at what they ae selling--HD clones to appeal to wannabees.

I ride a Harley--Road Glide,wear helmet,etc.

Nobody thinks of me as an outlaw biker.

I do get stopped more on my Ducati.

61 years young and riding since 1963.I ride the Road glide for one reason --comfort.I could not care what anybody thinks of my preference in bikes.
BillyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 01:32 AM   #20
PrairieDog
Registered Member

Heck, if all you want to do is differentiate from the "bikers" all you need to do is wear safety gear, a helmet and ride something other then a black and chrome cruiser.

A few years ago, myself and another motorcyclist on a dualsport went over to Daytona for Bike Week festivities. I noticed that we were quite 'out of place' with all the cruisers and sportbikes there.

"Dare to be Different" is the thought process!
PrairieDog is offline   Reply With Quote