Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 04-07-2006, 01:18 PM   #31
Tigercub
Founding Member

Default Re: Nortons Delivered?

There was also something in the AQMD rules about running the bike for 24 hours straight in an airtight shed on a dyno to measure hydrocarbon leakage (!?).

That's probably about the life of the motor.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-07-2006, 01:39 PM   #32
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

I know, you can't get an Endfield to run more than 20 minutes anyway so I canned the whole deal. Talk about your draconian bs laws that Squash enterprise.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:43 PM   #33
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: Nortons in Oregon

Once I made the mistake of buying an XLCH in Virginia in the winter. As a result my right calf is about 2 times the size of my left, and I still walk with a limp.
Old 04-07-2006, 02:31 PM   #34
imported_g_k
Registered Member

A photo caption in the Cycle World article says "The company hopes to be selling 10,000 streetbikes per year by 2010." I guess the stories I've heard about the killer pot in Oregon are true, after all. I wonder how many bikers actually believe that the company's "hopes" will come true?

It's a cool looking bike - I remember them when I first started riding. I had a new '65 Bonneville, and Norton's looked great and were considered to be a step up, although there were a lot more races being won by Triumphs back then. I guess the target market for the new model is the same sort of person who'd buy a new "Vincent" with a Honda RC51 motor.
imported_g_k is offline   Reply With Quote