Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Misc News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/)
-   -   Repeal of Motorcycle Helmet Law Gets Preliminary Approval in House. (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/3464-repeal-motorcycle-helmet-law-gets-preliminary-approval-house.html)

riyadhblues 04-06-2006 12:18 AM

Re: Repeal of Motorcycle Helmet Law Gets Preliminary Approval in House.

Being dumba$$ is normal one way or another

jcrider 04-06-2006 12:48 AM

Why is it every time this kind of stuff starts up the first thing some people do is bring out the grind stone and start to grind thier axe. I ride with a helmet everyday. I do not think it should be a law that you have to. I also think that there is more than one person effected by a non helmet wearing rider in an acciadent. As for the wacky Christian Republicans(me being one of them) looking out for others rights is everyones duty even if you are the target of discontent. Think of others before youself. A good way to live.

bigdx 04-06-2006 12:58 AM

"Agreeing of course with your postulation that selling motorcy[cl]es capable of ex[c]eeding the speed limit is bad for motorcycling"

My postulation? Really? And you got this from ""If the maximum speed limit is 65, how can the manufacturers and resellers justify selling motorcycles that exceed 100-120mph?"

Please tell me where in the US do we have speed limits of 100-120mph?

Rather infantile to attach your own meaning to somebody elseÂ’s post to attack them.

bigdx 04-06-2006 01:01 AM

Re: Thank W

"Remember Social Security will be bankrupt because of bigdx's hero W has run up the deficit to where the general fund is borrowing from SS trust fund at a record rate."

Wow, you are one dumb 1/16 wagonburner. Dude, get your money back from school. They ripped you off big time.

bigdx 04-06-2006 01:17 AM

"Speed causes deaths. Wow what a news flash. "

Maybe not, but you seem to be the type of individual that thinks he is capable of riding at excessive speeds and be safe. The newsflash for you should be that there is a direct correlation to speed and not being safe.

"Maybe one day your speed while assiduously observing the limit will cause the death of an innocent pedestrian."

Maybe, but statistics show that that would be less likely that when speeding. I have not caused loss of life and hope never to do so.

"Probably while your looking around for some sport bike rider to narc off to the cops."

So keeping roads safe for other road users is a bad thing? Kids should not be allowed to cross the road safely?

"Perhaps the answer is to make it mandatory that every conveyance must remain stationary." That and breaking every garage window to stop the dangerous build up of carbon monoxide should reduce the death rate to zero."

How old are you? My 7 y/o is capable of more mature responses.

"You truly are a man ahead of the times"

Not at all. I just want my family to safe on the roads. I you do not like that, well please go f*ck yourself.

bigdx 04-06-2006 01:34 AM

"Or maybe, we should have laws and consequences that reflect the seriousness of piloting a vehicle down the highway. Aggressive, irresponsible, and inattentive behavior on the highway just isn't adequately policed, and on the rare occasion that it is, it's really just a slap on the wrist."

The problem is with policing (as you point out). If folks are not supposed to exceed 100mph, it is way easier to outlaw motor vehicles that will exceed 100mph than to attempt to prevent those that do have such vehicle from riding at those speeds.

Policing individual motor vehicle ownerÂ’s behavior is expensive.

Passing legislation and making manufacturers comply is a lot cheaper and easier.

If you see how successful a lobby group like MADD has been in having laws passed to clamp down on drunken driving, you can be sure laws restricting motor vehicle performance can be brought to bear very easily.

It doesnÂ’t bug me. I have only one bike that produces more than 100hp and I doubt I would notice the loss of power if I had to detune.

stoney8888 04-06-2006 01:40 AM

Rather infantile to attach your own meaning to somebody elseÂ’s post to attack them.

longride 04-06-2006 01:46 AM

They are called that because motorcycle injuries happen even with the slightest accident and full protection. Just in case you just came from Mars, motorcycles are many times more dangerous than cars with any level of protection you would like to wear. Why don't you tell us exactly how much 'we' are all paying for these injuries? I bet you don't know.

longride 04-06-2006 01:48 AM

"Since 50% of all iraq war wounded have serious brain injury.."

I call bullshyt on this 'fact' doc. Prove it.

stoney8888 04-06-2006 01:50 AM

are you a christian for me. wow thats cool. You have permition from me to stop.