Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Misc News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/)
-   -   Repeal of Motorcycle Helmet Law Gets Preliminary Approval in House. (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/misc-news/3464-repeal-motorcycle-helmet-law-gets-preliminary-approval-house.html)

seruzawa 04-05-2006 11:09 AM

Re: Repeal of Motorcycle Helmet Law Gets Preliminary Approval in House.

O f(ck here we go with another stupid helmet thread.

It's like freaking "Groundhog Day".

SmokeU 04-05-2006 11:10 AM

I wear a helmet 99% of the time. I am however fully against any legislation requiring helmet use.

bigdx 04-05-2006 11:23 AM

I can ride like a **** anytime I want. I choose not to. The way I choose to ride had a lot to do with the bike I purchased. The bike I chose to purchase has little to do with the way I ride.

By exceeding the speed limits you break the law; by not wearing a helmet I do not. Yet I should grow up? What part of breaking the law is mature and adult behavior?

Wearing a helmet is not a panacea to being safe out there. Riding in a responsible manner is.

longride 04-05-2006 11:37 AM

Would that make you a 1%er??

Tigercub 04-05-2006 11:53 AM

No helmet law? No body armor? No right to die?? Those wacky christian republicans.

Dangerousdave_2 04-05-2006 11:54 AM

This is not about helmets--it's about poor old bigdx (think he's got a problem?) finding any excuse he can to abuse people who ride Japanese motorcycles. It's kinda pathetic. We probably shouldn't reward his pitiful cries for attention by responding in any way.

naco_traficante 04-05-2006 11:57 AM

non-helmet riders: just get over it

Every other motorized transport in the US has associated safety laws and regulations. If you wanna run free and wild, move to France.

bigdx 04-05-2006 11:58 AM

Thanks Dave, I was hanging for that bit of attention.

PS. If I give you my phone number will you call?

stodd1111 04-05-2006 12:09 PM

Re: non-helmet riders: just get over it

<blockquote>If you wanna run free and wild, move to France.</blockquote>

Where they place a horsepower restriction on motorcycles? You gotta be kidding me.

stodd1111 04-05-2006 12:12 PM

You must live in a different part of the U.S. Around here, it seems like the Harley riders are the ones who act like a bunch of maniacs.

I see groups of sportbike riders who are always in full gear, riding well, and with no wheelies or other stupidity.