Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/index.php)
-   Misc News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Repeal of Motorcycle Helmet Law Gets Preliminary Approval in House. (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3464)

BMW4VWW 04-06-2006 08:02 AM

Re: Repeal of Motorcycle Helmet Law Gets Preliminary Approval in House.

We have no state in which the posted speed limit is 100mph. The maximum speed allowed in California, however, is 70mph, and speed higher than that are allowed in Montana. Have you written a letter to Harley-Davison asking them how they justify selling motorcycles that exceed 100mph? Given the fact that Harleys have longer braking distances, don't handle as well, and are more likely to cause more damage in a collision due to their weight than many other manufacturer's bikes (not to mention that many H-Ds are piloted by fat old men with slower reflexes) perhaps you should start a campaign to ban them from our highways, all in the name of protecting

BMW4VWW 04-06-2006 08:03 AM

protecting the children of course.

BMW4VWW 04-06-2006 08:08 AM

I was wrong. If that post was put up by your seven year old son I'm afraid that he isn't any more clever than you.

bigdx 04-06-2006 08:43 AM

"Have you written a letter to Harley-Davison asking them how they justify selling motorcycles that exceed 100mph? "

Why would I do that?

"Given the fact that Harleys have longer braking distances, don't handle as well, and are more likely to cause more damage in a collision due to their weight than many other manufacturer's bikes

Statistics show otherwise, Pookie.

"(not to mention that many H-Ds are piloted by fat old men with slower reflexes)"

Whatever turns you on …

"perhaps you should start a campaign to ban them from our highways"

They are called lobby groups, pookie, and we are well on our way.

bigdx 04-06-2006 08:45 AM

"I was wrong"

More times than you'll ever know Pookie

caderider 04-06-2006 08:47 AM

Re: Flame On!

C'mon, we all know that REAL games are played on the PC! :D

bigdx 04-06-2006 08:49 AM

Ok, how about "go f*ck your mother"?

davidhaner 04-06-2006 08:54 AM

You've never said anything so true. Aren't we all so cool by saying we all wear helmets but don't need a law to tell us to?

davidhaner 04-06-2006 08:57 AM

Re: Wow

Incredibly boring. Like any of us actually care if there's a helmet law in our state. It doesn't affect us. It's like flag burning laws. Who gives a damn; none of us burn flags, we all wear helmets. Save our energy for crap that affects us; there's plenty of it.

BMW4VWW 04-06-2006 08:58 AM

Where exactly should I look for those statistics, The H-D website? FYI I have owned many motorcycles including Harley- Davidsons, and have a fair idea about that which I speak of. You should probably look up the word campaign in the dictionary, or have someone from a lobbying group explain it to you. BTW I am also a fat old man, but my name is not Pookie. You must have confused me with one of your boy friends