Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 03-31-2006, 12:26 PM   #31
12er
Founding Member

Default Re: '$500 Fine for Failing to Pay Attention!' says mikenomad.

If you drive me to drink, I'll buy!
12er is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-31-2006, 12:28 PM   #32
12er
Founding Member

Unfortunately it seems the Stupid tend to breed at much higher rates. Not seeming to figure out how it keeps on happening.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 01:35 PM   #33
m42
Founding Member

I HAVE TO DIAGREE WITH YOU ON THAT. ITS THE PEOPLE THAT THINK THEY ARE SO HIGH CLASSED AND SMART THAT YOU CANT DO ANYTHUNG TO THEM FOR DOING WRONG. AND ABOUT WRECKS; MOST OF THEM START BY A SMALL ACTION THAT THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO DO LIKE TURN THE BLINKER ON AT THE RIGHT DISTANCE AND NOT AS THEY GET ON THE BRAKES ORCHANGE LANES W/O BLINKER AND DIDNT LOOK IN THE MIRROR TO SEE IF SOMEONE WAS COMMING UP IN THAT LANE. MOST ALL START FROM A SMALL THING THAT NOT DOING IS AGAINST THE LAW BUT IF YOU STOP SOMEONE FOR NOT USING THEIR BLINKER THE GO APE*****. SO OFFICERS DO NOT MESS WITH IT BECAUSE MOST IN MY JOB SAY SPEED KILLS. WHEN ACTUALLY SPEED ONLY INCREASES INJURY AND DAMAGE. THE IDIOT THE FAILED TO YEILD RIGHT OF WAY AND GOT T-BONED WAS IN SUCH A RUSH AND THOUGHT THEY COULD MAKE IT RATHER THAN WAIT 10 SECOND FOR THAT CAR TO GO BY. NOW YOUR CALLING THE CORONER TO PRONOUNCE THEM DEAD. IF PEOPLE WOULD JUST DO THE SMALL THINGS IN DRIVING IT WOULD MAKE THE BIGGEST DIFFERENCE. I COULD DRIVE 150 MPH AND IF NO ONE DID SOMETHING IN FRONT OF ME AND USED THE LAWS TO DRIVE INSTEAD IF ONLY WORRING ABOUT THEM SELVE THERE WOULDN'T BE MANY WRECKS. IN EUROPE IT COST AROUND 5000 DOLLARS TO GET YOUR LICENSE AND 4 YEARS TO AQUIRE AND ALL LAWS ARE OBAYED, THATS WHY THE AUTOBOND WORKS THERE. IF THERE WAS ONE HERE, THEY WOULD BE SO MANY DEATHS BECAUSE PEOPLE IN THE US OPPERATE CARS THE DON'T THEY DONT KNOW HOW TO DRIVE ONE.
m42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 02:22 PM   #34
cota
Registered Member

Default Re: Held accountable; Civil vs. Criminal

Watch the news, read the paper, read the blog, view the web sites... there's a lot of "there ought'a be a law" out there these days. Ya, know if enough laws get together in one place, that place becomes a police state. Far as I can tell, that's no fun.

Maybe it would be an idea to work with what we have. Mistakes happen, to all of us, and they look a lot like inattention. The court dealt with the states legal inattentive driving issue, in civil court the violator will be liable and jurys have been pretty good at punishing offenders.

I have to wonder if we should all, cage drivers, tree huggers, bunny huggers, mom's on the block, etc... take a breath and think a little bit more about our freedom before we say there "ought'a be a law" Let the state system get the perscribed amount of flesh and allow the civil system to work draw from the available blood supply.

My opinion: Judging from all the constraints on fun that have been showing up, the "ought'a be a law" thing needs a speed limit.
cota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 03:35 PM   #35
m_t_yeo
Founding Member

I guess the intelligent folks have other hobbies other than sex or something ...
m_t_yeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 03:45 PM   #36
KevDog
Registered Member

Quit yelling...we can "hear" you well enough without it.
KevDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 05:33 PM   #37
HighsideHarry
Founding Member

Howzabout those people who drive around with their highbeams on? I guess they don't wonder what that funny blue light on the dash is all about?

Just for the hell of it, I drove around with my high beams on for two weeks during night time drive time. No one blinked at me once!
HighsideHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 07:07 PM   #38
Cozine
Registered Member

Default True.

Amen.
Cozine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 04:14 PM   #39
davidhaner
Founding Member

Tell me about it. My wife just finished law school and is about to become a lawyer, and I guarantee you she can find criminal negligence in just about anything.
davidhaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 04:15 PM   #40
davidhaner
Founding Member

Completely impossible to read.
davidhaner is offline   Reply With Quote