Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 03-30-2006, 07:24 AM   #161
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Default Re: New Cheif of Staff is a Biker.

The Corbert Report does a killer job at ripping apart the talking media heads, especially O'Reilly. I know both Corbert and Stewart lean just a BIT left, but it is still some funny and clever sh!t!

BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-30-2006, 08:48 AM   #162
Tigercub
Founding Member

It's tax time and if you want to know where the money comes and goes plow through the tax code. It's easiest by buying one of those cheap Tax programs - $10.

In sum. If you have capital and make your money through capital gains mostly, which is a comforatable living with about $1,000,000 or so you don't have to hardly lift a finger and are treated well by the tax laws.

If you make your money as a laborer, the tax laws are designed to keep you in your economic station.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 09:03 AM   #163
m_t_yeo
Founding Member

Default Re: Cannon fodder.....

I'll clarify ...

the poor, undereducated *white* poor are a Republican base.

the poor, undereducated *black* poor are a Democratic base.

My bad.
m_t_yeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 09:05 AM   #164
m_t_yeo
Founding Member

That was the last Chef. That is why this new one was just hired to replace him. What the white house is going to do without all those salty black balls is anyone's guess.
Old 03-30-2006, 09:09 AM   #165
m_t_yeo
Founding Member

Amen. Amen. I don't much like Bush, but boy is he an upgrade in the beauty department by far than Kerry.
Old 03-30-2006, 09:16 AM   #166
ksquid
Banned

Default W has us in a pickle

Yep it's like when I was single just out of school new credit card money to burn... Then I had to pay up... My standard of living was great when I was living beyond my means (as we are now) but when I had to pay up.. Wacth for more interest rate hikes or if that doesn't happen more inflation with the associated dollar devaluation. i.e. higher oil prices.. Yep W. will keep spending until he leaves... Whoever wins in 2008 will have to pick up the pieces ala Clinton vs Reagan/Bush. But in this case the boomers are all retiring... yikes.. I think I'll buy some gold....where is that goldbroker web site again.
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 09:45 AM   #167
m_t_yeo
Founding Member

"The government does not create wealth, it takes it."

It can also spend more than it takes, which Clinton didn't do and Bush Jr. has a major problem with.

"The status of Social Security was the same in the 90's as it is now - a transfer of wealth from workers to retirees which is demographically unsustainable."

I'd love an education on this one. Here in Canada, we contribute to the CPP on every pay cheque and have for many decades. It is only the oldest of the old that are taking benefits without having contributed to the pot in the first place. When the boomers retire, they will have contributed to CPP for most of their lives and their benefits will come from what they have paid. As such, CPP is fiscally healthy and demographic proof, in a way. Did the Boomers not contribute much to Social Security in the US that they will bankrupt the whole plan?

"Your Lazy Leftist Random Repetitive Boilerplate Generator subroutine is malfunctioning."

That was funny.

Old 03-30-2006, 09:48 AM   #168
m_t_yeo
Founding Member

Default Re: W has us in a pickle

Buy silver instead. On a sheer rarity scale, it is nearly as rare as gold right now. A friend of mine works in the mining industry and he said that several companies are keeping the price low by putting silver into circulation from their large stores, but that as the stores run out and the true rarity begins to affect the price, it could easily top $100-$150 an ounce.

I don't know if I believe everything he says, but buying silver is pretty cheap, so it certainly wouldn't be a big investment to take a risk on.
Old 03-30-2006, 09:56 AM   #169
m_t_yeo
Founding Member

Default Re: W has us in a pickle

The retiring boomers are going to be a big issue. Most haven't saved enough on their own to cover their waning years and with their overall better health compared to the previous generation, those waning years will be pretty long. There is going to be long, hard winter for them as they adjust from spending like drunken sailors to a life of frugality.

Take that big-spending group out of the overall economy, especially when that economy is dependent upon consumer spending for its size, and there will be some definite pain in most western nations with the adjustment.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:04 AM   #170
m_t_yeo
Founding Member

At least Clinton wasn't boring.

Born-agains like Bush with their 'no sex except for procreation' don't give the Washington scribes anything at all to work with. Can't his wife at least give him *something* now that the kids are grown so that we have something other than the war to talk about?