Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 03-30-2006, 04:11 AM   #141
bmwdude
Founding Member

Default Re: For all you righties

Dang! Problem solved: I here by nominate "fastoldman" for President!

After we rig your election, can I help out with the political cleansings?

Let the witch hunts commence!
bmwdude is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-30-2006, 04:15 AM   #142
m_t_yeo
Founding Member

Default Re: Cannon fodder.....

On a state level, the southern states have higher illiteracy rates and are higher overall users of welfare, per capita. They also have higher infant mortality, greater religiosity, etc. It is these differences that fuel the 'hick' stereotype. You and I both know that I can wander into Tennessee and find some damn intelligent and educated people. Statistically speaking, though, the state is in the lower half for literacy in the country.

I'll fully admit that city centers are pools of poverty, illiteracy, etc. That central core of ignorants, though, are offset by the millions of people who live and operate in a city every day that are fully literate. Lots of people live in US cities, most of them are educated and the more educated they were, the more they voted for Gore.

On the partisan bickering - I agree. The future health of the republic isn't being compromised by terrorism or sectarian differences. It is being compromised by the influence of corporations over the government as a whole. It doesn't matter if it is Clinton cooking up a sweet real estate deal or Bush giving no-bid contracts to Haliburton, the two main parties are sold to their souls.
m_t_yeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 04:29 AM   #143
m_t_yeo
Founding Member

Default Re: 2004 data vs 2000 data

Statistically speaking, you also tend to get someone who reads a lot more books than the average American who stopped at High School. They read longer books, read considerably more scholarly journals, read more books that aren't on Oprah's list ... can you tell I've worked in publishing?

The number of poetry journals sold to NON university educated folks is miniscule, for example.

My experience has been that university educated people aren't necessarily more educated, but they are educated in a different way. Education at a U is pretty polarized. You either commit to a specialty like Medicine, Engineering, Chemistry, etc. and get a damn good education in that specialty ... but nothing else or you get a great general education on a theoretical level (Sociology, Anthropology, Arts). My friends who went the first route literally know zero outside their speciality and are usually a liability on a project unless it directly involves their specialty. Most of them can't write or communicate to save their lives and rely on someone like me to write their memos.

My friends who went the second route, though, have voluminous libraries, read a couple of a books a week, stay on top of current events and read from a broad spectrum of topics. These are the people whose opinion tends to matter because they actually do their homework. The first group gets their opinions from the media just like everyone else and they are just as biased one way or the other as someone who has never hit university.
Old 03-30-2006, 04:46 AM   #144
m_t_yeo
Founding Member

Default Re: New Cheif of Staff is a Biker.

You are unbelievable.

Prove he faked the Purple Heart. Military records indicate otherwise and even the jackass who formed the "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth" was on board as an eye witness to his Bronze Star. The link to his statement is here:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0820041kerry1.html

Show me where he attacked civilians and those ARVN troopers, please. I've seen both documentaries and read three books on it and nowhere in any of them do they mention anything about this, so where are you getting your information?

Why do you think he publicly admitted to being a war criminal? Do you think he did it because he was *actually* a war criminal and was confessing or because he wanted to draw attention to some of the war crimes that were happening and he was using a rhetorical method to get people's attention to that fact? He used the same trick that companies use when they make employees use the word "we" instead of "I". He wanted the media to look at this clean-cut American kid, college educated, and be horrified at the thought of him as a 'war criminal' - horrified enough that people would see that ordinary folks were doing some horrible things. He wasn't admitting to doing those things himself.

Old 03-30-2006, 04:55 AM   #145
m_t_yeo
Founding Member

"Then he helps run the Winter Soldier "investigation" which used people who had never even been in the military, much less went to Vietnam, to lie about phony atrocities."

That is what the military said about the investigation, but they - of course - have a vested interest in undermining the credibility of a group trying to determine if war crimes were committed by members of the military. The military has a long history of obfuscation, cover ups and propaganda. In fact, they are on the hook right now because they paid Iraqi writers to write US-favorable articles that the military had cooked up for them.
Old 03-30-2006, 04:58 AM   #146
m_t_yeo
Founding Member

I got the rope. I wove it out of pages I ripped from all the feminist, marxist, leninist, environmental books I have on my bookshelf.
Old 03-30-2006, 04:59 AM   #147
seruzawa
The Toad

Well, you got one thing right. It is pretty horrifying to look at or listen to Frankenkerry.
Old 03-30-2006, 05:05 AM   #148
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Rope?

Ain't it just like a lefty to take a rope to a gun fight.
Old 03-30-2006, 05:09 AM   #149
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: 2004 data vs 2000 data

Cripes, enough of the lectures.

Leave me alone, Vladimir.
Old 03-30-2006, 05:29 AM   #150
dylanmo
Founding Member

someone needs a hug
dylanmo is offline   Reply With Quote