Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 03-30-2006, 03:46 AM   #131
m_t_yeo
Founding Member

Default Re: New Cheif of Staff is a Biker.

War criminal? Jeez, you have to lose the Right-wing whacknut rhetoric.

He lobbied against the war when he got home and publicly spoke out about atrocities he had personally seen while serving. Not only is lobbying against the war his right under free speech, which automatically negates the 'criminal' part of your phrase, one could argue that getting the troops home sooner actually SAVED lives, which would mean he would be the exact opposite of a 'war criminal'. Calling a decorated veteran a 'war criminal', which puts him in the same camp as Milosevic, the Nazis, etc. is absolutely ridiculous.
m_t_yeo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-30-2006, 03:50 AM   #132
m_t_yeo
Founding Member

And they were peer reviewed by statisticians across the country - from both red and blue states - before they were published. I have one from an independent assessment firm, too, so if the Berkley study is too 'compromised' because it comes from California, then I'll show you the second one. Of the five other studies I know about, one is from NC and another is from Kansas. Once they are done their peer review, I'll get copies and forward them to you, too.

Old 03-30-2006, 03:54 AM   #133
fastoldman
Founding Member

Default For all you righties

I done gone and got me my graduate edumication, and here's what it tells me:

maladg, you should probably step away from learning us on economics and books - ye ain't makin no sinse.

Remember history, my sad little pea-brained friends: when a country with some democratic tendencies, such as the US, goes one political direction for a while, then after a time it springs back the other way. Generally this spring is in some relation to how far the country went the other way. For example, after a long period of going somewhat left (New Deal, Great Society), then the US bounced off that pole and sprang back to the right (Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush). Now maybe some of you geniuses can imagine what will happen next?

The point is, the farther one direction, the farther back the other direction the society is likely to spring. So if you don't want our little society to spring back to the left so far that we start lynching treasonous bastards who steal from the masses to give to the richest of all, you might want to think about voting for a more balanced government. The only way to keep things centrist in this country is to keep gridlock in government.

Did I use too many big words?

Obviously, some idiot is about to say, "sheeucks, what kind of a dumbass calls Clinton a rightie?" all the while drooling on his HD muscle T. I hold him as an example of a right-leaning democrat, the only kind that could get elected during this right-leaning era. If you don't think Clinton is right as far as Democrats go, look at your ill-characterized but still useful description of Nancy Pelosi. Would you rather have him or her? That is the question.

Fortunately for real lefties like me, the ones who want to string up the treasonous bastards, I think you're still gonna want somebody like GW, or McCain, and little toadies like Delay, even after your quick study in political trends. Which will mean I will get my leftist government, and we will be coming for you with rope in hand.

Tata, yokels. I've got actual work to do, and actual motorcycles to ride.
fastoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 03:55 AM   #134
m_t_yeo
Founding Member

The data they used to compute their statistics is easily available and they put up all the numbers in the study - that is part of going up for peer review. You have to prove that you didn't overtly manipulate your numbers.

This isn't some crackpot on the Internet. This is a University study done by trained statisticians and the results happened to end up on the Internet. You can read the original published paper in the scholarly journal if you want to see the original. Any major university library will carry it, too.

Of course, even seeing the original won't make you believe it because no matter how overwhelming the evidence to the contrary, some people have faith and that is all they really need.
Old 03-30-2006, 03:57 AM   #135
bmwdude
Founding Member

I can see the question marks floating around in cyberspace over this post. Please, allow me to help out a little.

[Latin : ad, to + hominem, accusative of hom, man.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ad homi·nem adv.

Usage Note: As the principal meaning of the preposition ad suggests, the homo of ad hominem was originally the person to whom an argument was addressed, not its subject. The phrase denoted an argument designed to appeal to the listener's emotions rather than to reason, as in the sentence The Republicans' evocation of pity for the small farmer struggling to maintain his property is a purely ad hominem argument for reducing inheritance taxes. (dictionary.com, btw)

Good post!
bmwdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 03:59 AM   #136
m_t_yeo
Founding Member

Isn't 70's fashion back in, i.e. that 70's show? I can see a future where Right Wing Christian Chic becomes a fashion trend ...

"Like, that King James Bible, like, so matches your 18th Century pilgrim outfit, Beckie. I am soooooo, like, jealous."
Old 03-30-2006, 04:00 AM   #137
m_t_yeo
Founding Member

Ever read the Constitutionalist party's platform? That is an interesting read.
Old 03-30-2006, 04:01 AM   #138
sarnali
Founding Member

Well, you are a bunch of red-state-nascar-loving-christian-retard-hicks....All they have to do is show a picture of Dale Earnhart, Elvis and Jesus shaking hands with W onTV and you turd-humpers would climax in your pants.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 04:02 AM   #139
seruzawa
The Toad

***** off. Kerry faked at least one purple heart. He was a huge problem because of his tendency to attack civilians and even managed to kill a couple of ARVN troopers. When he gets out of the service he publicly admits being a war criminal. He admitted it publicly. This is not some wacko invention. He is on record as an adimitted war criminal.

Then he helps run the Winter Soldier "investigation" which used people who had never even been in the military, much less went to Vietnam, to lie about phony atrocities. To ice the cake he said that all US soldiers committed atrocities... killed babies, raped mothers, etc... on a daily basis.

Of course, what do I know? I only spent an entire year on river gunboats in Vietnam '68-'69. I don't remember raping any mothers or killing any babies or burning any villages. I don't remember seeing anyone else do those things either. But if John f***ing Kerry sez we did then it must be true.
Old 03-30-2006, 04:04 AM   #140
m_t_yeo
Founding Member

Default Re: Cannon fodder.....

A major Republican BASE, though, meaning the "people who we manipulate to get into power" are the undereducated poor.