Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 03-29-2006, 10:50 AM   #91
Tigercub
Founding Member

Default Re: Cannon fodder.....

Not true!! I'm into apathy...pretty much...I guess.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-29-2006, 10:53 AM   #92
m_t_yeo
Founding Member

Default Re: New Cheif of Staff is a Biker.

We are paranoid with reason when it comes to the voting box issues.

It isn't my fault that you wilfully choose to ignore the sheer statistical probability that ALL Diebold machines showed some discrepancy between the exit results and the actual polling and that ALL those discrepancies went Bush's way. Other voting machines had their issues, but none showed the systematic difference that Diebold did.

Statistically, this is an impossibility unless someone is rigging the results. The security hole that allowed the rigging was up on the NSA website weeks before the election, but wasn't fixed by Diebold despite the government knowing full well of its existence. You can look up the NSA entry any time you would like - it's there for public viewing. Hackers working for the good guys have demonstrated publicly how easy it is to manipulate results by doing it in real time on a Diebold machine.

So ... now states are enacting laws requiring the software to be up for public perusal and for all electronic votes to be backed up with a paper vote and ... Diebold won't play ball. They are the only manufacturer that won't, too.

At some point, the circumstantial evidence gets so strong that the likelihood of it being someone innocuous becomes virtually nil.

m_t_yeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 10:57 AM   #93
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"I've read several articles that broke down the voting pattern in 2000 by income and education and every one has showed that the more you made and the more education you have, the more likely you were to vote for Gore"

You need to read something that isn't on moveon.org. I'm sure even YOU don't believe that lie. Aren't the Repubs branded as being rich arseholes that are out of touch with the 'common man"?
Old 03-29-2006, 11:03 AM   #94
ksquid
Banned

Given that Bush has a less than a 35% approval rating now.... I would think most of us who voted for W the first time regret our vote.. including us taxpaying, god fearing, gun loving, folks..
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 11:03 AM   #95
bmwdude
Founding Member

I'll admit the "popular vote" issue aggravates me as well. And you are correct, Gore should have won in 2000.

As for the illiteracy point:

I've lived both in cities and in rural areas. From my own observation the so called hicks are truly better educated and in most cases more well read and well rounded than people I've met in cities. Let's use my own family as an example. My wife before retiring was a corporate Human Resources director for several different companies. She is well educated and has earned multiple post graduate degrees. She is also a WV native. My background and credentials are similar. Our two sons have followed suit, one lives in Columbus OH and runs a contracting business. The other graduated from West Point and is now serving in Iraq. Among my neighbors I have CPA's, teachers, truck drivers and members of law enforcement. Are these the illiterate hicks you are referring to?

Now leave the central business district of your city and tell me who you see there?

Actually these are all side issues from my above post. My point was meant to be that we as a nation have some really big issues to resolve if we are to survive. My one wish is that we can keep our eyes on that particular ball and stop the partisan bickering long enough to take real steps towards a resolution.
bmwdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 11:12 AM   #96
m_t_yeo
Founding Member

I've got two .pdf studies by two different university teams calculating the statistical probability that the vast exit poll discrepancies were just chance variation. Several more papers on it are under peer review right now to verify their calculations.

The odds of winning the lottery are better than the odds that the discrepancies were just chance variation. I'll trust those statistics over your opinion any day of the week because I only have about a 1 in 5 million chance of being wrong.
m_t_yeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 11:26 AM   #97
ksquid
Banned

Default 2004 data vs 2000 data

I think 2000 is bad data anyway and these guys have tricked us into arguing with bad data.. 2004 data shows that Kerry captured more of the high tech vote, highly educated vote etc. Especially in blue states... Blue states contribute more to the treasury, produce more exports, earn more income, have more education, etc.. Longride will argue that rural america in the blue states is even red...Yep in dinky small towns Bush wins cause the most educated poeple are usually the teachers, doctors, nurses. Business owners ususally aren't and have their radios tuned to Rush all day long. I grew up in one... Good people but it doesn't mean they are correct or informed on the issues..
Old 03-29-2006, 11:34 AM   #98
bigdx
Founding Member

Default Re: Facts and data you don't see on Fox

I do not really like Dubya but Kerry was (is still) an A hole like nobody else I have ever seen. (except Ted Kennedy maybe ... and Al Sharpton)

I think it is good that the chief of staff rides. I think it is good that he rides HD as well. He supports American made and what 50 y/o rides rice anyway?

I used to like I4's until I rode a V twin many years ago. I'll never ride anything else now. (in spite of the extra cost)
bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 11:38 AM   #99
bigdx
Founding Member

Dude, I have a patent on the "gay-loving, ricer-riding, firearm-phobes" phrase.

I'll be suing your ass shortly ...
bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 12:30 PM   #100
ksquid
Banned

Default GPTB

Catchy but remember I the trademark on Gray Pony Tail Brotherhood (GPTB) brother....