Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Misc News

Old 03-15-2006, 05:12 PM   #1
eekadog
Founding Member

Default Re: X-Rated Motorcycle Rally Angers Neighbors.

What...nobody likes to see droopy sandbags?
eekadog is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-15-2006, 05:35 PM   #2
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

At "Huck's Road and Track" Rally in Gassville, AR every year, they have a "Wet T-Shirt Contest" for the Ladies.

That is, the guys get an armload of T-shirts, wet 'em down, tie 'em up, and the ladies take turns throwing for distance, style, accuracy, etc.

Good Clean Fun(tm)!
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 05:47 PM   #3
BrineUSAF
Founding Member

Yogi On The River... I've been there before! If Barb doesn't like what is preparing to occur maybe she should look closer at the Clipper Magazine and look for coupons for Target so she can purchase new blinds and curtains. Zoning violations.... come on now... if the Neo-Nazi's and KKK can Rally to express themselves it should be no different for motorcycle enthusiasts; no direct-nudity is "scheduled" to occur. A permit may be required by the group's organizers, and the government might be allowed to slap them with a "fee". Read the following : http://www.aclunc.org/911/demonstrate.pdf
BrineUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 05:49 PM   #4
BrineUSAF
Founding Member

Hmm... wonder how dissappointed the people who attend based on the wet T-shirt contest must be...
Old 03-15-2006, 07:11 PM   #5
The_Aerodynamic_Head
Founding Member

Default What's the Difference? I'll tell you.

The KKK and the Neo-Nazi marches are predicated on ideology, ideologies which (though most consider them mistaken) take a moral stand. Ideologies that claim the existence of objective standards of right and wrong. Such thinking has become intolerable to most Americans, so-called conservatives and so-called liberals alike both balk when demonstrably right things don't support their agenda. Ideology is fast becoming the least tolerable thing in this country.

A nude bike rally has no moral or civil underpinning. As such, it claims immunity from criticism according to moral/social norms.

This rally will get through as a symptom of the same wonky thinking that says we can't teach children the nation's Pledge of Allegiance in the nation's schools, on the nation's dime because someone might infer the existence of a deity from it, but we can't fire teachers who engage in sex acts with students.

Even staunch social Republicans very often get suddenly Libertarian when it comes to restricting their Playboy and Penthouse. We Americans have become more interested in bending right and wrong and the truth to conform to our desires, and less interested in conforming ourselves to what has been right and wrong since long before we were born.

Thus is has come to pass what was predicted way back in the 17th century about Man (in Gulliver's Travels and elsewhere)...that his "reason is the scout of the passions."
Old 03-15-2006, 07:36 PM   #6
BrineUSAF
Founding Member

Default Re: What's the Difference? I'll tell you.

Nowhere in any advertisements for this Rally does it say anything about nudity. I've seen women at beaches who wear more revealing clothes than women at Rally's. Lets not forget about the pasties women wear now. I'm not debating whether KKK/Nazi Rallys are correct or even legitimate; the fact is that they are not breaking any zoning laws or restrictions. Only restrictions that might apply are the ones I outlined in my original posting. The nation's problems with the National Anthem and Sex Scandals is something entirely different. Way to stay on subject...
Old 03-15-2006, 07:54 PM   #7
m_t_yeo
Founding Member

There is an implicit moral stand taken whenever public action occurs - the stand that such action should be publicly acceptable. Nudity is only a real barn burner here in North America. In most of Europe, it is no big deal. Thus, the stand on what is right or wrong about nudity depends a lot on where you were born and what cultural milieu you were raised in. It isn't a big "S" stand, but it is still a stand.
m_t_yeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 08:01 PM   #8
gas_pig
Founding Member

Naked keg stands?
Old 03-15-2006, 08:12 PM   #9
boru4761
Registered Member

Woo hoo. Way to go Pennsyltucky.
boru4761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 03:58 AM   #10
vermicious
Registered Member

They seem to be employing a pretty liberal definition of "x-rated" in this article.